Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon - Initial CL. Which are SP vs HP?

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Recon - Initial CL. Which are SP vs HP?

So you just got out of the garden and decided to app. After a long struggle, many 7-10 days messages, and phone calls later, you finally get approved!.... for a toy limit. What do you do?

It appears that there are certain lenders that are open to Initial CL Recon with a SP or using the same report but others are not. I was hoping to start a thread to consolidate some of the info from the many threads and get some updates as well.

Here are the ones that I have experienced with or have read, of course as usual, each individual interaction will be different and YMMV!

Likely to Recon the Initial CL with an SP/Same Report (if eligible)

• Barclay (Some reported HP)
  • Comenity
  • GE
  • US Bank?

The following appears to mostly be HP only

• BofA
  • Capital One (EO only?)
  • Chase (A few have slipped by through EO)
  • Citi
  • Discover (YMMV, typically not even allowed and would like to see 6 months of activity but there have been successful reports)

???

• Amex (I'm not sure where this fits in because the global response is to just wait 61 days and get 3x CLI)

This list is by no means inclusive and many lenders are still missing. Some of this info could also be dated or wrong. Please share your experiences and feedback. Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Which Bank / Card did you Recon your CL with?

Initial CL?

How did you recon? (Phone/Email/SM/Social Media/EO/etc)

SP/HP?

Approved/Declined?

If approved how much?

Feel free to post Fico Scores / Other relevant credit info at the time

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.