Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Letter?

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Recon Letter?

I was recently turned down by AMEX and have been reading about asking for a recon. Are there any sample letters or suggestions on how to do this? How would you find out where you send it to? Is this a good idea? What types of things do you put in the letter?
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Letter?

what card did you apply for and what was the denial reason?
Message 2 of 6
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I applied for SkyMiles. I should have never done it, but I got a little cocky and took a risk!! However, and more importantly, I was denied an account with Car Care One even though I have an account with GEMB through their Care Credit account for my Lasik. Should I try a recon letter for the Car Care One account? What would a recon letter look like? Any sample letters out there?
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

What were your scores and why were you turned down?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Scores were around 640-650 on all reports. I had a BK a couple of years ago and after I applied I read that they didn't approve BK's at AMEX. However, with GEMB, I received an account with them 7 months ago with score of around 620 and since I have had no late pays on anything.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.