Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Story on my App spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon Story on my App spree

I had 3 cards, Public saving bank,Cap1,Zync AMEX before starting app spree and the result is:

0.1 Citi Forward  Declined and try recon 3  times all failed so I give up

1. Fidelity AMEX  Approved

2. AMEX blue cash everyday  Instant Delined, I have yet called for recon.

3. Discover more  Need co-applicant but I don't want to add anyone as co-app so they withdraw my app. Failed.

4. Chase Freedom  Got message  "app under review wait for 7-10 days" so I call back door number to check

and it's declined but Recon and got approved ( I have checking account with them and that plays very important part for approval) 

5. Barclay Apple Itune  Instant declined, call for recon and it actually take less than a minute to get approved, too easy IMO.

I think I will stop for at least 6-7 months before another attempt on Citi,AMEX,Discover.

EQ drop from 723-->706, TU 741-->732

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daytrade5
Contributor

Re: Recon Story on my App spree

Congrats! And you're right, it won't hurt to garden for a little while at this point. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

With a 720 fico score..what was the reason for declined?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very short AAoA  7 months when applied and it keeps falling as new accounts appears now.

Limited Credit History: 9 months for oldest card.

Message 4 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

What was your reason for decline on Citi Forward?

Congrats, but now you must not app for anything (credit cards or loans) for the next six months. Barclay is known to close account if they even see a hard inq on your report (they soft you every month).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just simply read the script " CRA reported a limited credit history for you"

I asked her how to consider if it's limited or not and she suggest at least I should have 2 credit cards with al least 1 year history, a criteria  which I failed to meet.

Thanks for warning about Barclay. It's not part of my selection at first but I really like its design and don't plan to use it outside of its rewards area.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call Amex to recon, Rep send request to the department, wait 24-48 hours.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.