Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon a GE Initial CL

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Recon a GE Initial CL

Does anyone have any recent experience reconning an initial GE (Lowes) credit limit ? I would've never considered apping but for the fact that I found out I can get 5.9% for 84months on any single ticket total purchase $3.5k or higher.  As DW and I are moving, I apped tonight and was instantly approved for $3k.  Just wondered if they are open to upping it a bit.  My worry is that I have so much credit already, but 5.9% would be a steal.  Think total util is 12% with USAA credit monitoring of 722 all 3, pulled tonight.

As always, thanks in advance.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Recon a GE Initial CL

I've read some people recon the initial CL given for CareCredit (also by GE), and it seems to be an easy process. A few questions here and there and they're done. Not sure if it's the same across all GE cards though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 10
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

I had success with Lowes recon initially. I was originally going to use them for carpet so asked for an increase from $1k to $2k. After the fact I realized I could of most likely asked for more since Home Depot gave me an instant line of $6k. I was really only asked why I wanted the increase and the rep said yes in about 30 seconds. Good luck!
Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Does anyone have any recent experience reconning an initial GE (Lowes) credit limit ? I would've never considered apping but for the fact that I found out I can get 5.9% for 84months on any single ticket total purchase $3.5k or higher.  As DW and I are moving, I apped tonight and was instantly approved for $3k.  Just wondered if they are open to upping it a bit.  My worry is that I have so much credit already, but 5.9% would be a steal.  Think total util is 12% with USAA credit monitoring of 722 all 3, pulled tonight.

As always, thanks in advance.

Give Credit Solutions a call: 1877 379 8173

They will manually review your file for a possible CLI. Good luck!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

I app two weeks ago approved for $2800 called the next day to and got it up to $7500
SP TU
Message 5 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I was able to recon the initial CL on my GECRB issued Walmart Discover card from 1,300 to 10,000.

Here's my old thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Walmart-Discover-approved-amp-initial-CL-recon-success-...

Message 6 of 10
n777ua
Established Contributor

Called and asked for $6k, was approved in about 30 seconds.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 7 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Congrats.  GE always low balls initial limits.  Last year I went from 1.5k->3k on lowes at activation and on walmart discover this month I went from $1k->$5k. 

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

WTG!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I love GE!
Congrats! I love that 5.99% offer! I wish I had a use for it! Lom
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.