Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon a Recon

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Recon a Recon

Against my better judgment I app'd for a Chase Amazon card (I already have too many cards and opened too many within the past 2 months).  I got a "no instant decision, we will notify you after review" response.

I went ahead and called the 1st backdoor number stickied at the top of the forum, and spoke to an account rep who did not sound like they wanted to be at work.  I called and said I didn't receive an instant response, and wanted to see if there was any additional info. they were seeking...the lady responded "you do know it can take up to 30 days to receive a decision...don't you?!!?"  <in a snide voice>

Anyway, I answered some questions about some current accounts...I have a couple of balances reporting (after consolidating from my wife's CCs), 2 of which are at about 90% util.  However, overall I am only at about 23% util across all of my accounts, and my Chase Freedom has a $0 balance.  Anyway, she denied the CC and pretty much hung up.

Think I should try reconing again?  I hate to waste an inquiry.  I probably should not have app'd for the card in the first place.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recon a Recon

call back and get someone else wont hurt

amazon
Message 2 of 21
umair
New Contributor

well.. keeep calling chase the backend numb er.. here is number i had sucess with..18882702127

Good Luck !

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know if this works for you. Thanks, Ray
Message 4 of 21
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice!!  No luck though Smiley Sad  My 1st rejection in a LONG time...I need to stop app'ing.  Yesterday, I tried the 888-270-2127 number and got denied, this morning, I tried the 888-245-0625 number and was also declined, although they did seem to try and work with me though.

Time to force myself into the garden.

thanks again.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least you tried right! I am with you in the garden for sure. I tried a recon with them yesterday and was declined too. Ray
Message 6 of 21
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I would call and hang up until I get a nice perky voice....like someone who wants to be there and already in a good mood.

Message 7 of 21
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Just so you guys know: I called Chase about a recon yesterday.  I tried to call back today to talk to someone different, and this is what he said, "You just called in yesterday about reconsideration. Do you want me to repeat what you were already told?! If someone else told you no already, why would I tell you any different. I hope you know that we do make notes on the account!"

Message 8 of 21
smc733
Valued Contributor

This is one of many accounts I've heard of Chase being rude to customers calling in...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 9 of 21
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Yep, I must say that he was ridiculously rude!  HIs name is Josh, BTW. I know chances are slim of people getting THAT guy, but hopefully that  jerk is reading these posts. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.