Regular Contributor

Recon a Recon

Against my better judgment I app'd for a Chase Amazon card (I already have too many cards and opened too many within the past 2 months).  I got a "no instant decision, we will notify you after review" response.

I went ahead and called the 1st backdoor number stickied at the top of the forum, and spoke to an account rep who did not sound like they wanted to be at work.  I called and said I didn't receive an instant response, and wanted to see if there was any additional info. they were seeking...the lady responded "you do know it can take up to 30 days to receive a decision...don't you?!!?"  <in a snide voice>

Anyway, I answered some questions about some current accounts...I have a couple of balances reporting (after consolidating from my wife's CCs), 2 of which are at about 90% util.  However, overall I am only at about 23% util across all of my accounts, and my Chase Freedom has a $0 balance.  Anyway, she denied the CC and pretty much hung up.

Think I should try reconing again?  I hate to waste an inquiry.  I probably should not have app'd for the card in the first place.

***From ashy to classy***
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recon a Recon

call back and get someone else wont hurt

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)
New Contributor

well.. keeep calling chase the backend numb er.. here is number i had sucess with..18882702127

Good Luck !

Regular Contributor

Please let us know if this works for you. Thanks, Ray
Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice!!  No luck though Smiley Sad  My 1st rejection in a LONG time...I need to stop app'ing.  Yesterday, I tried the 888-270-2127 number and got denied, this morning, I tried the 888-245-0625 number and was also declined, although they did seem to try and work with me though.

Time to force myself into the garden.

thanks again.

***From ashy to classy***
Regular Contributor

Well at least you tried right! I am with you in the garden for sure. I tried a recon with them yesterday and was declined too. Ray
Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Valued Contributor

I would call and hang up until I get a nice perky voice....like someone who wants to be there and already in a good mood.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Just so you guys know: I called Chase about a recon yesterday.  I tried to call back today to talk to someone different, and this is what he said, "You just called in yesterday about reconsideration. Do you want me to repeat what you were already told?! If someone else told you no already, why would I tell you any different. I hope you know that we do make notes on the account!"

Starting Score (May 2011): 611 - TU
Current Score: 611 - TU
Goal Score for 2012: 700 Club!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

This is one of many accounts I've heard of Chase being rude to customers calling in...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $21.5k/11.99%
Established Member

Yep, I must say that he was ridiculously rude!  HIs name is Josh, BTW. I know chances are slim of people getting THAT guy, but hopefully that  jerk is reading these posts. Smiley Happy

Starting Score (May 2011): 611 - TU
Current Score: 611 - TU
Goal Score for 2012: 700 Club!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.