Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon'd Cap 1 Secured

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Recon'd Cap 1 Secured

I applied for a Capital Once secured card on Thursday and was denied, I called this morning to RECON and was told to wait for the letter, they were of no assistance at all, wouldn't tell me why, wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor.  

If they wouldn't reconsider that is totally find but atleast give me a reason, ya know? 

It looks like OpenSky will be getting my business since I am not risking more HP's to my credit.  Atleast I can say I tried! LOL Smiley Happy

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Recon'd Cap 1 Secured

don't give up try again...im sure you took 3 HP from them and i just read last night someone made 3 calls and on the 3rd was approved. maybe the person you spoke with was having a bad day but the next one is having a great day and in a generous mood Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

I tried cap 1 secured also and was denied also. Decided to go with usaa and Bank of America instead. Don't understand getting denied using your own money.
USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

don't give up try again...im sure you took 3 HP from them and i just read last night someone made 3 calls and on the 3rd was approved. maybe the person you spoke with was having a bad day but the next one is having a great day and in a generous mood Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Freedom-denied-APPROVED-AFTER-RECON/td-p/1297595

inspring story check it out 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

That is what I don't understand if you give them a deposit what is the big deal?  Even if you burn them they still have your deposit, not that I plan on doing that LOL.  When I get the letter I'm going to recon again.

Message 5 of 7
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I received my letter from Cap 1 today, reasons are below for denying me.

length of credit history

too few or no revolving accounts

lack of recent account information

number of recent inquires

Worth trying RECON again?  When I applied my score was 18 points lower with two collections, they are no gone.

Message 6 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Could it be because Cap1 cards are only partially secured? You typically make a deposit and Cap1 gives you an unsecured amount above that.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.