cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon for Discover CLI Should I even try.

tag
lawless05
New Contributor

Recon for Discover CLI Should I even try.

I open the card in Jan of this year opening CL 6,000. At the same time I open about 6 other cards over the following 4 month Plus financed 3 auto loans. I was starting my credit rebuilt/ I was becoming an addict to app so yea. Anyways I was in the garden for a little bit and the itch started so I went for some SP CLI on all my cards. Had some success with Walmart/ BoA(Hard)/ Capital One/ NFCU(SP/Hard) but since Discover was my highest CL I was a little scared to begin with. I'm using carry a balance on the card due the 0% for 18 months. Using about 2800/6000. I tried online and it said I was not able to do it online and that I had to call(SP verifed)  so I did and I was denied. This is my first flat out denial in forever since my rebuilt. Any advise? I'm really working on getting my over all UTL down since right now its around 25-30%. Should I even try or just let it go. It been a week since I got the letter.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Recon for Discover CLI Should I even try.

Get your util down and try again. Discover SP's regularly, so try after your cr has been updated.
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP - no one is ummune to getting declined.  I would heed 09Lexie's advice and get that utlization down so that you position yourself for a better chance in another 3-6+ months.  Also, you have to let those new accounts age and don't rack up any more unnecessary revolving debt.

Message 3 of 4
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

+1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.