Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon for citi and us bank

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Recon for citi and us bank

Since I have cards from CCC's listed in my signature and have lots of inquiries, but have 10% overall util, can I use the other CCC as leverage and reason for citi and us bank to open accounts for me? ie. want to establish relationship with them ,etc?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: Recon for citi and us bank

Citi does not have a recon. they show no mercy, and when I called executive relations for a recon, they made fun of my low credit limits.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 2 of 22
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Citi does not have a recon. they show no mercy, and when I called executive relations for a recon, they made fun of my low credit limits.

For anyone else, is this true...?

Message 3 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I wouldn't say "no recon" but it is close.  Reconsideration with Citi usually involves reaching out to the Executive Office, pleading your case, another hard pull and maybe a 5% success rate.  I've never been able to do it, but there are folks who have.

I have no idea with US Bank.

Message 4 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I wouldn't say "no recon" but it is close.  Reconsideration with Citi usually involves reaching out to the Executive Office, pleading your case, another hard pull and maybe a 5% success rate.  I've never been able to do it, but there are folks who have.

This is true. Citi hardly does recons. Their CSRs are rude and unhelpful. They are very particular about credit reports. Denied. Too many inquires. Too many new accounts. Too high UTL. Loan balance too high. I applied with Citi like a thousand times before they gave me a card...and my credit isn't even bad!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 22
Cstone87
New Contributor

Citi is the worse at recons. CSRs have no control to override system like Chase or BofA analyst can. They read from a script. EO is worthless and I can guarantee additional hard pulls with a 30/70 success rate. They are very particular, ironically the cards are bland and the bank is bipolar. I would cut your loss now and find a better card.

Any typos apologizes on iPhone 5s
Too many cards
DOJ
Message 6 of 22
Cstone87
New Contributor

They also send vague conjecture reason's for denial. I've seen one list no score or CRA they pulled (despite knowing they had done so on EQ) and based there decision. They based it on "could not verify application". Called 3 times and EO pulled my EXP -no dice. Avoid this amateur bank like the plague. Glad the DOJ got them.

Again YMMV

Sorry typos my apologizes iPhone 5s
Too many cards
DOJ
Message 7 of 22
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

the better question is what are you looking for in a card

Message 8 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

This is true. Citi hardly does recons. Their CSRs are rude and unhelpful. They are very particular about credit reports. Denied. Too many inquires. Too many new accounts. Too high UTL. Loan balance too high. I applied with Citi like a thousand times before they gave me a card...and my credit isn't even bad!

Rude? I founnd them fantastic whenever I had to call them though I already have a card so maybe thats why lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 22
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I have an open recon with them now.  Was denied for a Hilton Honors Cards, and called the EO.  The woman was very helpful and transferred me someone else in the EO who told me the reason was too many inquiries (the online message didn't give me a reason).  She asked me about the inquiries, I had my (legitimate) story.  She said she would send it in for a manual review and I would have an answer likely by Friday.  Don't know if it will be successful, but I was dealt with very professionally.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.