Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon letter for Sams club CI

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Recon letter for Sams club CI

Hi- I recently asked for a CLI for my sams club card as the CL is 500.00. Before I knew how important UTI and PIF was I pretty much maxed out the thing... (even though I didnt need to... i get paid weekly and shop weekly for about 1000 per month in groceries) We like to eat Smiley Wink
Any way they said NO listing they use a computer to generate reults and this is what they said
Present or past deliquencys on trades
Averge Credit UTI
# of trades with delinquencys in 12 months
age of oldes bankcard

Since I have been 100% on time with ALL of mt revloving accounts for the last THREE years... Im thinking the mean the re-ageing of some of my collections.... so My question is how does my letter look, am I forgetting anything, am I being rude??? I will not use a card that has such a stingy CL when I have Cap1 CL 1500 and tribute CL 1050 who have been so good to me ( I know some of you dont like them but I do Fee's or not)

Here goes:

GE Money Bank

PO Box 981064

El Paso, TX79998-1064

Dear GE Money Bank,

I am writing requesting reconsideration of the denial of my recent Credit Line Increase For my Sams Club Credit card account ending xxx.

It appears I was denied after you pulled my Equifax credit report. I would still like to go over the potentially negative information on my report.

I understand that some of these factors are due to a computer generated responses and request a manual review be done.

My Card Utilization-

I do indeed have high utilization reporting at 35%. This was due to not knowing how important UTI was in factoring Credit cards usage. Since 3/25/08 I have educated myself in knowing that UTI should be kept down in order for creditor to find me more credit worthy.

This is the main reason why I applied for a credit line Increase as with a 500 Credit Line I can only spend 45.00 at your establishment per month to keep my UTI below 10%. I enjoy shopping at Sam’s club and spend on average 350.00-400.00 per month for groceries alone. This month I paid off my ½ of my credit cards, and I expect my report to reflect these changes within 30 days. I will be paying the other half this month and only be keeping balances on cards that I find have worthy credit lines.  

MY Positive Trade lines-

I Began reestablish my credit in 2005, since then I have NOT been delinquent in ANY of my trade lines. This is three years of positive trade lines, and timeliness of such accounts should be factored into my Credit worthiness. I can send you a credit report copy showing that I have excellent payment history since 2005.

Delinquencies-

The derogatory items on my Equifax report that have ALL been disputed as they are a result of my younger years and have been re-aged which is illegal and will be reported to the FTC if not updated in the next 30 days.

I appreciate you taking the time to reconsider my application. I hope my explanation clears things up. I am only asking my currant account holders to match that of my existing credit limits. I will begin using my SAMS club card once I have a higher limit.

Sincerely Yours

6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Recon letter for Sams club CI

How do your scores look? They approved me for the Sams Discover for $4200 with a 642 TU. Then they auto-CLI'd me the next month to $5200.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 3
bigbankhank

Re: Recon letter for Sams club CI

what happen after you send the letter?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.