Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon man strikes again

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Recon man strikes again

Did a recon with BOA just now.......CLI went from 1K to 2.5K......know that's small comparatively speaking but it is growth; had successful recon with Discover earlier this weekend also.  I'm getting there with my prime cards thankx to this forum.  Amex is nasty when trying to recon with them.......they just don;t want to listen, they keep referring to their computer's decision.  I may try for a revolver with them in 6 mos and use the Green Card sparingly in the meantime.......but it looks doubtful that I will be getting a revolver from them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

Re: Recon man strikes again

Congrats, Try Amex executive office, maybe that will help.

Message 2 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Alaskagurl wrote:

you may be right.....do you have a number

Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ecxpa wrote:

Did a recon with BOA just now.......CLI went from 1K to 2.5K......know that's small comparatively speaking but it is growth; had successful recon with Discover earlier this weekend also.  I'm getting there with my prime cards thankx to this forum.  Amex is nasty when trying to recon with them.......they just don;t want to listen, they keep referring to their computer's decision.  I may try for a revolver with them in 6 mos and use the Green Card sparingly in the meantime.......but it looks doubtful that I will be getting a revolver from them.

Reconning with Amex is extremely difficult. Unless there was an error on your CR's its best to address the issues for the decline to save yourself unnecessary HP's. 

Message 4 of 8
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

@Alaskagurl wrote:

you may be right.....do you have a number

No, sorry I haven't had to recon them. 

Message 5 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I found a number on the 'net and called.  800-297-6197.  The lady was friendly and was aware of the "robotic responses" given by the CSR.  She said she would give me a call in 72 hours one way or the other.  Hoping, but if its a no go that's what it is.

Message 6 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Reconning with Amex is extremely difficult. Unless there was an error on your CR's its best to address the issues for the decline to save yourself unnecessary HP's. 

Oh so true, and I really can understand too many inquiries, but they said late payments and credit scrore were also  "possible reasons for decline" He told me my FICO was 738, the late payments he referenced were more than three years old.   May have to just write Amex revolver off.

Message 7 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI success!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.