Regular Contributor
gobucksohio

Recon strategy

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what to say to get a reconsideration on a Lowe's card I just got denied for. What's the best strategy when dealing with this issue? Is Lowe's a hard card to get or something? I do have a prior BK, but no negatives in the past 3.5 years. My current uti is 5%. Thanks!!

Starting Score: TU 612 EQ 580
Current Score: TU 685 EQ 663 EX 668 (LO Pulled 8-9-10)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Recon strategy

What were the reasons given for the denial?

Lowes is backed by GE, they usually are pretty easy but they are known for declining for not being able to verify phone or address or crazy things like that.

Have you thought about Home Depot instead? they might be a little harder though based on it being backed by citi.

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}