Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Recon success with AMEX?

Anyone have any luck? I decided that since I have nothing to lose I might as well try sending them a nice letter asking for recon. I was wondering if anyone had luck, or if it is standard procedure to shoot everyone down.

I am 0/1 with recon so far (shot down for CLI with Carnival Sea Miles).
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
imducky

Re: Recon success with AMEX?

2 for 2 for me. amex is my turn down x 2. 1 for blue cash, 1 for cli on delta. good luck!
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Were you turned down because of derogs? I had a list of like 4 things they didn't like. One being excessive inquiries.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
imducky

a good size list for me as well, some even sounded like re-wording of items already listed.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I noticed that. There was one like "Account 90+ days past due in past 2 years" along with "Account 90+ days past due with balance greater than $200" or something.

I really hope they read my letter.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
imducky

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I noticed that. There was one like "Account 90+ days past due in past 2 years" along with "Account 90+ days past due with balance greater than $200" or something.

I really hope they read my letter.

they will certainly read it. last time i called and was transferred to the balance transfer and credit limit increase department (tried a phone recon for the cli).
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Amex is very good about recon. of new accounts... have done it successfully for 3 out of 4 friends.
However a letter is not necessary... takes you a lot of time, takes mailing time etc. just a simple phone call and say "I would like to be reconsidered" it then gets submitted and sent to a human to review... much faster!
good luck... you will hear in about another two weeks.
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}