Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon success with AMEX?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Recon success with AMEX?

Anyone have any luck? I decided that since I have nothing to lose I might as well try sending them a nice letter asking for recon. I was wondering if anyone had luck, or if it is standard procedure to shoot everyone down.

I am 0/1 with recon so far (shot down for CLI with Carnival Sea Miles).
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon success with AMEX?

2 for 2 for me. amex is my turn down x 2. 1 for blue cash, 1 for cli on delta. good luck!
Message 2 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Were you turned down because of derogs? I had a list of like 4 things they didn't like. One being excessive inquiries.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

a good size list for me as well, some even sounded like re-wording of items already listed.
Message 4 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I noticed that. There was one like "Account 90+ days past due in past 2 years" along with "Account 90+ days past due with balance greater than $200" or something.

I really hope they read my letter.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I noticed that. There was one like "Account 90+ days past due in past 2 years" along with "Account 90+ days past due with balance greater than $200" or something.

I really hope they read my letter.

they will certainly read it. last time i called and was transferred to the balance transfer and credit limit increase department (tried a phone recon for the cli).
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex is very good about recon. of new accounts... have done it successfully for 3 out of 4 friends.
However a letter is not necessary... takes you a lot of time, takes mailing time etc. just a simple phone call and say "I would like to be reconsidered" it then gets submitted and sent to a human to review... much faster!
good luck... you will hear in about another two weeks.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.