Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon with BofA

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Recon with BofA

I am curious as to whether or not BofA could recon my initial limit of $800. I received the card in the mail today and haven´t activated it yet because I´m doubtfull. I´ve read a couple of post about recons and not much success has been reported + silly questions being the number 1 complaint. The Cash Rewards was the last card I applied for in my app spree. They pulled 749 EX FICO and instantly approved me online.

The only inquiries I have are 4 from 3/11, one from Amex and one from BofA on 7/23/2012. One coming right after the other. My AAoA was I believe 1 year and 10 months. Right now the offices are closed but I´d like some suggestions from other points of view and maybe call them tomorrow to see what I can do.

I have been AU in my dad´s rewards card (secured, then upgraded). It never moved from it´s original 500CL and I fear the same will happen to mine.

EDIT: I forgot to say they gave me 0% APR on Balance Transfers for 12 months and I´d like to use it. I may need to transfer $1000 but given the limit, I´m not getting any hopes up. By the way, the BT fee is 4%, I want to talk to them about waiving it as well so I may need to call anyways. Should I use the BT to increase my limit or just go straight forward and request a recon because it´s low compared to my other cards?

Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon with BofA

BofA is pretty firm about initial CL. Also each time you ask for CLI it will be HP no matter what. I never did BT on my Cash Rewards card so I don't know if they'll waive the BT fee (though I doubt it).

You can definitely get CLI from BofA once you used the card for sometime. It is just not auto CLI and will come with a HP.

Message 2 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

maybe they will combine the limits on your two BoA cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 4
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Thank you for your responses. Just passing by to report the bad news:

Called the Credit Analyst department today and talked to a very nice gentleman who explained me in detail how the whole thing works.

Since I am less than 21, they are required by federal laws to have a written request from me (not over the phone) to proceed. It´s not impossible for them to reconsider my account details but they would need me to send them a letter, do my request online or go to a local BofA branch to process it. It could take 10 business days from beginning to end if I decide to mail it.

After that, they would pull (HP of death) a new credit report and based their decision on the info presented there. They cannot use the first pull for the request. Since the acc is new, they would have to base their decision on how I´ve treated other accounts and what those limits are. If I decide to make the request online, a phone number would appear so I could call and get an instant decision.

I guess I just take the 800 for the BT. Anyways, It´s only a year till I finally turn 21. Maybe take the HP for next app spree.

Edit: The BT fee is NOT removable.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.