I called today about a recon on my CLI with Chase on my paltry $300 card they said it was pending (whatever that means lol). Anyway I'll give it a couple of days and if they dont show a little luv I've decided it's a goner. 5 years with no increases is insane when I've stood up to my end of the bargain. Always paid on time, always paid more than minimum when it had a balance and now it's PIF and they still haven't budged. Plus I dont think losing a 300 dollar card will hurt my util%. Once it's closed it will still count toward AAofA wont it?
It should count towards AAoA for I believe ten years - except, of course, that its age won't increase. For that reason, I think it makes just as much sense to sock drawer it (as I did with my BoA card that nearly doubled my rates "because of the economy"), but its your decision.
When CCC does a recon they dont pull another report do they? Even after calling to recon it was denied. So it's still a 300 limit and it's now SD'd. I'd be really ticked if I got dinged twice for a denial.