Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon with Chase

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Re: Recon with Chase

I recently applied for Chase Slate and Got the 30 day message...A couple days ago I received a letter from them stating that I was not approved becuase I already had a Slate card...Funny I do not remember having one...So I called them and they transferred me to the correct department and the person told me that this card was from pre bankrupcy over 10 years ago...Now the bankruptcy is off my CR so I explained that it was not on my report and then he asked me to hold...He then looked over my Report again and told me that I have a collection account from back in 07 for a car...I knew right there that they were checking my EQ as I have disputed it back in 08 as the collection had incorrect data in it and becuase of that I disputed it on all 3 CRA. TU and EX removed it but EQ did nothing but tell me it was correct. Long story short I have a statement on that CR stating I disagreee with there finding. Ok So I informed him that I ahve a statement on the CR that I disagree with that account as it is not correct. and that the other two CRA have it removed from the CR. he put me back on hold again for a minute or so and came back and still told me because of that they are not able to extend credit to myself...He then also told me my UTL is a bit high but that was after the fact. I do not want to wake a sleeping giant with trying to get the collection off the CR as that could reset the clock on it and I know they will more than likely just tell me the info is correct. SO I guess no Chase for me for a little while...Smiley Sad...

Message 11 of 13
logan_720
Established Contributor

Well that just sounds like they are using any, and all excuses not to give you a line of credit. I think what I am going to do is call them up today and try to get them to recon, even with a small CL. I have read on here over multiple threads that people have had a pretty high success rate with them. Since it's not the Hyatt Visa Sig. I think my chances are a bit higher, as they start Hyatt cardholders at a starting limit of $5k. 

Message 12 of 13
logan_720
Established Contributor

That is in fact what I want to do. I recently closed my BBRZMC with HSBC, and just today closed a Capital One card, both if which were always PIF and on time. Chase did pull Equifax, and I'm not sure what my report looks like with them

However, this afternoon I obtained a free copy of my report through American Express. My score is 721, which is a 15 point change from 706, which it had been on the 26th of January. On another note, what could cause such a jump? And my inquiries, are high. Not too high, but high enough I'm sort of embarrassed. I am going to try and recon with Chase, then pay off what little balances I have then garden for quite some time. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.