Regular Contributor
Chris_1970

Recon with Chase

I called today about a recon on my CLI with Chase on my paltry $300 card they said it was pending (whatever that means lol). Anyway I'll give it a couple of days and if they dont show a little luv I've decided it's a goner. 5 years with no increases is insane when I've stood up to my end of the bargain. Always paid on time, always paid more than minimum when it had a balance and now it's PIF and they still haven't budged. Plus I dont think losing a 300 dollar card will hurt my util%. Once it's closed it will still count toward AAofA wont it?
Valued Member
JESMONT

Re: Recon with Chase

It should count towards AAoA for I believe ten years - except, of course, that its age won't increase. For that reason, I think it makes just as much sense to sock drawer it (as I did with my BoA card that nearly doubled my rates "because of the economy"), but its your decision.
Regular Contributor
Chris_1970

I may do that and charge a pack of gum once or twice a year just to keep it active. There's no AF and balance has been zero for a while. To the sock drawer I guess it will be.
Regular Contributor
Chris_1970

When CCC does a recon they dont pull another report do they? Even after calling to recon it was denied. So it's still a 300 limit and it's now SD'd. I'd be really ticked if I got dinged twice for a denial.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Chase usually does a hard pull every time you ask for something. Sorry.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}