Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon with Discover - Advice?

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Recon with Discover - Advice?

I understand letting inquiries fall off, but the way I see it, I might as well fight for it while I can considering I have already paid an inquiry.

Message 11 of 17
timkrof
Contributor

I wanted to check in and see if you had any luck with them.  I'm in a similar situation right now, trying to see to best proceed with a recon.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 17
Krtits
Established Member

Out of curiosity, how many inquiries were considered too many?

Thanks

Message 13 of 17
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Subsrcibed
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

@timkrof wrote:

I wanted to check in and see if you had any luck with them.  I'm in a similar situation right now, trying to see to best proceed with a recon.

Thanks!

I was surprised when I saw this pop up again Smiley Very Happy I had no luck with them, I basically took the hard inquiry and ate it. She said that there was nothing she could do which made me wonder if I had called the right number. Nevertheless, I have been gardening since and watching the inquiries fall off Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Did they pull eq for your CC app? What was your score and how many inquiries did you have?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 16 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

I really don't remeber, I can't remember who they pulled, just that I was denied for too many inquiries within the pas 12, and 24 months...and my credit history was "too short"

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.