Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon??

So i already wrote a Recon Letter to Barclays for the GCONOMY card, was turned down because of too many INQs thing was they were unauthorized and BOFA, NORDSTROM, HSBC, AND DCFS all agreed to remove bringing my legit inq.s down to 3 one being a former barclays card i cancelled cause of the interest rate i really want this card because its an interest i take to heart, any chance with submitting the recon to barclays via letter with credit report current (fico tu 767, ex fako 770, Eq-760) They will approve me? I am sending in the letters that the other creditors sent saying they are removing the fraduelnt accounts and inq.s?? Your thoughts

I also did the same with Citibank Platinum Plus card was approved for 2 weeks then denied because of the fraud spoke to a nice credit analyst before i had recieved mail confirmation of deletion, so sending them a GW letter too with same supporting documents....you pros thoughts on the chances they wil reconsider with the letters??

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon??

Also sorry a newbie here, do you think its a bad idea to send AMEX who approved me for 4 cards, and did 4 inqs on Experian in 2 in Jan 2-March, and  to a letter asking to consolidate them into one inq. I have been a good prime customer to AMEX PIF on all cards never carry a balance. Have the Platinum Charge card, Gold Pref Rewards Charge (the rewards were to good to pass up) Delta Platinum CC, and Blue Sky CC. Thanks i dont wanna loose amex over a dumb letter they have been outstanding thus far.

Message 2 of 44
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So i already wrote a Recon Letter to Barclays for the GCONOMY card, was turned down because of too many INQs thing was they were unauthorized and BOFA, NORDSTROM, HSBC, AND DCFS all agreed to remove bringing my legit inq.s down to 3 one being a former barclays card i cancelled cause of the interest rate i really want this card because its an interest i take to heart, any chance with submitting the recon to barclays via letter with credit report current (fico tu 767, ex fako 770, Eq-760) They will approve me? I am sending in the letters that the other creditors sent saying they are removing the fraduelnt accounts and inq.s?? Your thoughts

I also did the same with Citibank Platinum Plus card was approved for 2 weeks then denied because of the fraud spoke to a nice credit analyst before i had recieved mail confirmation of deletion, so sending them a GW letter too with same supporting documents....you pros thoughts on the chances they wil reconsider with the letters??

On May 13th in the Auto Loans Board ( http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/WILL-I-GET-APPROVED-GONNA-APPLY-TOMORROW/td-p/674368) you said your scores were EXQ-700 TU-698 EXP FAKO-727. Have they changed that much in 3 days?

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!! AWESOME went up because I got finally a judgement tax lien on my CRAs removed it was someone with my same name finally all three removed and my Scores went WAY UP!!!! didnt know a judgement rathher a removal of one could up them! And btw I ended up not cosigning per myfico members advice wheww lol so any idea on the recons thoughts advice?

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

So anyone know my chances?

Message 5 of 44
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!!!! AWESOME went up because I got finally a judgement tax lien on my CRAs removed it was someone with my same name finally all three removed and my Scores went WAY UP!!!! didnt know a judgement rathher a removal of one could up them! And btw I ended up not cosigning per myfico members advice wheww lol so any idea on the recons thoughts advice?

I'm glad to hear you didn't do that co-sign. That was just asking for trouble. As far as the recon I have no experience with them so I will defer to others to give you advice.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 6 of 44
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I just called for a recon with Barclays and it was great. You've really got nothing to lose...

Message 7 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya they denied me because too many INQs but i since placed fraud alerts because someone did open accounts in my name but BOFA, HSBC, NORDSTROM, GEMONEY, and DCFS Financial all agreed to remove hards and TL but I hate talking to Barclays they give you a run around even at the recon number, Ciiti did not but analyst made a note of everything and now i am waiting till tomorrow to send my GW letter to reopen the account with supporting documents, do you think they will? I really want that Barclays Gconomy card haha hopefully it works if anyone else has info let me know

Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and ya you guys were right we broke up 2 days later so ya glad i listend

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also sorry a newbie here, do you think its a bad idea to send AMEX who approved me for 4 cards, and did 4 inqs on Experian in 2 in Jan 2-March, and  to a letter asking to consolidate them into one inq. I have been a good prime customer to AMEX PIF on all cards never carry a balance. Have the Platinum Charge card, Gold Pref Rewards Charge (the rewards were to good to pass up) Delta Platinum CC, and Blue Sky CC. Thanks i dont wanna loose amex over a dumb letter they have been outstanding thus far.

U opened for Amex cards the same day?

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.