Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon??

No two in Jan Two in March

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

D*** Amex must love u. Why do u want so many accounts with them?

Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because they are a good company, was a member in 2000-2005 closed Charge Card and Clear Card went Back in Jan Reaged account to 2000

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

No horror story either like many post on here, back when i frist was a member in 2000 i didnt charge much on the clear or Gold charge for 7months then PIF on both cards and gradually worked up to spending mostly on the charge card 1.5-2k a month never had a single issue with them

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did u close them.

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed there Visa Black Clard because the $495.00 annual feee was absurd compared to the benefits, i much prefer my $450.00 Platinum AMEX

Message 16 of 44
score_building
Senior Contributor

How many new accts in last six months?  Also they don't like excessive inqs.

It can't hurt to try but they are not fans of new acct or inq. if you have a lot you may want to stop app altogether and let what you have age in good standing.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 4 real accounts opened from JAN-March but they were all AMEX and regaged to when i was a memeber in 2000, Didnt hurt my AAoA at all brought up my scores 80 points, also i got the unanuthorized accounts that the fraudsters opened (5) and the subsequent INQ.s to remove, well they sent letters confirming they are going to but will take up to 60 days/....so in my recon letter i am sending them copies of all 5 companies letters that apologize and are removing the TL and INQ from my reports. Still a uphill battle?

Message 18 of 44
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sounds promising although letters from 5 issuers is quite a bit of explaining to have to do for recon.

In any case, I hope it works out, Barclays has a great track record for recon- v. best of luck!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have the letters i am sending them that show the Credit accounts opened were not by me and the Lenders (BOFA, DCFS, GEMB, and Chase) have agreed to remeove the TL AND INQ.s thank god!!!

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.