cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reconf Nordstrom Store Card.... APPROVED!!!

@LS2982 wrote:

@dharalex wrote:
Congrats! It never hurts to ask, right? I love Nordstrom, so HAPPY SHOPPING!

Every time I go into that store I wanna hurry out, SO expensive in there! Smiley Sad

You sound like my husband Smiley Tongue.  Although he was totally proud of me taking the steps I did and write the letter to Mr. Nordstrom he says WATCH OUT with using it... do not go all crazy Smiley Surprised!

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 21 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dharalex wrote:
Congrats! It never hurts to ask, right? I love Nordstrom, so HAPPY SHOPPING!

Every time I go into that store I wanna hurry out, SO expensive in there! Smiley Sad

You sound like my husband Smiley Tongue.  Although he was totally proud of me taking the steps I did and write the letter to Mr. Nordstrom he says WATCH OUT with using it... do not go all crazy Smiley Surprised!

Good advice Smiley Very Happy

I'd be nuts giving my DW a card like that!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 58
lazylane
New Contributor

Congrats!

Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

@ halos24 if you don't mind telling me wat did u write for them to turn the app around and approve, I need to use it too because I got denied last year and I didn't know you could recon on Nordstrom credit.
Message 24 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ halos24 if you don't mind telling me wat did u write for them to turn the app around and approve, I need to use it too because I got denied last year and I didn't know you could recon on Nordstrom credit.

I think last year might be too late for a recon....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@They will probably ask you to apply again since so much time has passed by.  I did the recon only 2 days after the denial.  In a nutshell I pretty much explained the inquiries which were justified for utilities (4) and (2) were from car shopping.  The other denial reason at least over the phone was due to high credit limit ratio but I do have my husband on my cards as joing so I justified that our income combined is more than sufficient to pay.  Below is generic to what I wrote:

I am truly hoping to be approved for a Nordstrom Credit card as I shop frequently with my American Express card, and since you revamped your rewards system earlier this year I feel I would be a good candidate for your credit card.  I not only shop at Nordstrom for myself but my husband and son as well, and feel the reward system would be great.  In addition not only did I apply for the Nordstrom Credit card because of the rewards but because of the glowing review of Nordstrom staff. 

Again, I understand that I don’t have the right to be granted credit by Nordstrom.  Your company is prestigious and has policies that it must enforce.  But I am asking that you reconsider my application and start me out with the lowest amount possible Nordstrom deems appropriate.  Being a long time and frequent customer I can assure you that it will certainly continue to be my primary place of shopping and card should you proceed in approving my request

I pledge that I will be responsible to my account with Nordstrom like I am with my other accounts elsewhere. 

I would venture to say, that were you to approve my reconsideration request, and you will have a devout and loyal customer for years to come.  I just want to get my foot in the door with a great company such as yours and be part of the Nordstrom cardholder family. 

Hope that helps... what are your current scores? Do you recall what they denied your or a year ago?  Has anything changed since?

Message 26 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@They will probably ask you to apply again since so much time has passed by.  I did the recon only 2 days after the denial.  In a nutshell I pretty much explained the inquiries which were justified for utilities (4) and (2) were from car shopping.  The other denial reason at least over the phone was due to high credit limit ratio but I do have my husband on my cards as joing so I justified that our income combined is more than sufficient to pay.  Below is generic to what I wrote:

I am truly hoping to be approved for a Nordstrom Credit card as I shop frequently with my American Express card, and since you revamped your rewards system earlier this year I feel I would be a good candidate for your credit card.  I not only shop at Nordstrom for myself but my husband and son as well, and feel the reward system would be great.  In addition not only did I apply for the Nordstrom Credit card because of the rewards but because of the glowing review of Nordstrom staff. 

Again, I understand that I don’t have the right to be granted credit by Nordstrom.  Your company is prestigious and has policies that it must enforce.  But I am asking that you reconsider my application and start me out with the lowest amount possible Nordstrom deems appropriate.  Being a long time and frequent customer I can assure you that it will certainly continue to be my primary place of shopping and card should you proceed in approving my request

I pledge that I will be responsible to my account with Nordstrom like I am with my other accounts elsewhere. 

I would venture to say, that were you to approve my reconsideration request, and you will have a devout and loyal customer for years to come.  I just want to get my foot in the door with a great company such as yours and be part of the Nordstrom cardholder family. 

Hope that helps... what are your current scores? Do you recall what they denied your or a year ago?  Has anything changed since?

That letter is something special..................Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 58
Mumford1310
Established Member

OMG... @Halos24  You made me feel hopeful about this reconsideration.  I sent the email to Lori yesterday, I'm hoping she can give me an answer by tomorrow.  I was only denied for one reason, too many inquiries in 6 months.  My email clearly explained the inquiries for mortgage rate shopping.  I hope this works!! I also told them I just purchsed a home for $400k, therefore I have sufficient income.

CROSS FINGERS!!  I hate waiting...UGH!!

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mumford Fingers crossed for you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 58
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Keeping my fingers crossed, and quite honestly if it was for inquiries that is a valid reason!  Keep us posted Smiley Tongue.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.