Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reconsideration for Nordstrom Store Card.... Waiting

@Mumford1310 wrote:
I was approved for the Nordstrom store card with a $1,000 credit limit!!! Yay, I'm excited! That's my favorite store. I'm feeling the love today. A Chase Freedom Card approval after reconsideration, Macy's store card after reconsideration and now...NORDSTROM after reconsideration of course. I guess I'm moving over to the garden club now. Time to wait it out a year, unless I have a soft pull for a CLI from Chase.

Congrats!!

Message 51 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just waned to give some quick feedback about how thankful I am I found this forum. I was declined for the Nordstrom debit card multiple times, and couldn't understand why. I followed the advice I read on here, and got in touch with Erik Nordstrom who referred me to Nicole on the credit team. Erik responded within minutes to my e-mail, and I heard from Nicole on my cell about an hour later.

Instead of just opening the debit card, she approved me for the store card with a $500 limit. I never bothered applying for the store card when they wouldn't even give me the debit card, so I was ecstatic! I feel like I can finally be rewarded for all the money spent with Nordstrom.

The reason she told me I was being declined for the debit card was due to "insufficient history at residence." Even though I've been living at my apartment for almost 3-years, the utilities aren't in my name & that was causing the issue.

I used to be an employee of Nordstrom years ago, as well as the Ritz-Carlton more recently, and I think Nordstrom sets the bar for excellent customer service.

mod cut-full name 

Message 52 of 58
xnxo
Contributor

Congrats on their store card. They do have exceptional customer service!

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 53 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I viewed this forum and after applying and getting denied for the Nordstrom card decided to email the President. He didn't reply so I emailed Blake who replied the next day. He got me in contact with the Andrew. He is the head of the credit services.

I explained how the 2nd time I called for reconsideration they were very short and curt. He called me the next day Said he listened to the tapes and apologized. He re-reviewed my app and approved it $500.

Now that's a start. He was super cool.

Approved Nordstrom
BK discharged 05/14
Fico :
612 Experience
650 Equifax
623 Transunion
Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention the reason I was declined was too many inquiries
Message 55 of 58
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

I didn't mean to send blank message. I was trying to go to next page.
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 56 of 58
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@gtnitright wrote:
I didn't mean to send blank message. I was trying to go to next page.

No problem.

Message 57 of 58
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

This old thread from 2012 will now be closed and you are free to start a new thread on the subject.

I have moved the recent posts and started a new thread for you here   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Nordstrom-Store-Card-Recon-Part-II-Waiting/...

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.