Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration of Chase Denial

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Reconsideration of Chase Denial

I am new to this credit world so please bare with me if my question is dumb. Any idea on how long can I try reconsidering my Chase Denial. I got denied around in April and I wasnt aware that I can give it a try through the backdoor numbers. Is there a time period before which I should ask for a reconsideration?

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Reconsideration of Chase Denial

I would say within 30 days of the application, at least that's what **bleep** is for my bank. What were the reasons you were denied??

Message 2 of 10
Reincarnated
New Contributor

I did a Chase reconsideration 2 months later and was approved because information on my credit report has been updated/changed for the better.

Chase Freedom $1,000 // Discover It $3,100 // SallieMae World $4,400 // Capital One Quicksilver $5,000 // Citibank Double Cash $5,000 // AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $6,000 // AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $21,000
Message 3 of 10
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@Reincarnated wrote:

I did a Chase reconsideration 2 months later and was approved because information on my credit report has been updated/changed for the better.

But it wasn't the same app/ HP as two months prior. The Chase app is only valid for 30 days, after that you will need to reapply. 

Message 4 of 10
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

The reason was limited history at that time. Right now I have a six month history.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 5 of 10
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

The reason was limited history at that time. Right now I have a six month history.

Which card did you apply for?

Message 6 of 10
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

It was the Freedom.

Message 7 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would just say when in doubt, it never hurts to call and ask.. just say that you didn't know that it was an option until a friend asked you why you didn't call. You're not telling a lie, and you're not really asking for recon only to ask if you are able to recon.. they will usually either flat out say you're out of the window or they'll say let's take a look and see. Smiley Happy Best of luck!
Message 8 of 10
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Tried giving them a call and they said there is no way to recon an application which is more than 30 days old Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Beckhsrules wrote:

Tried giving them a call and they said there is no way to recon an application which is more than 30 days old Smiley Sad 

Figured that would happen, but now you know for sure. Sorry!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.