Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redcard CLI Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Redcard CLI Question

So just like Nursepower i wrote to them, except i wrote to Corporate since i live near them and such. My response came back the exact same. I was thinking about threatening to close them, to see if they would give me a CLI. Like call and select the option for close account. I was wondering how many have had success with this? Because i mean it wouldnt hurt me to close it, i barely use the card anyhow. I have been stuck at $200 for almost 2 years now.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Redcard CLI Question

@Skye12329 wrote:

So just like Nursepower i wrote to them, except i wrote to Corporate since i live near them and such. My response came back the exact same. I was thinking about threatening to close them, to see if they would give me a CLI. Like call and select the option for close account. I was wondering how many have had success with this? Because i mean it wouldnt hurt me to close it, i barely use the card anyhow. I have been stuck at $200 for almost 2 years now.

Don't threaten unless you are prepared to have it closed.  Not sure why you think this option is viable.  Target Bank has been tight with CL's for years. Your threat will not change their business practice. 

Message 2 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well i wouldnt mind closing it either, it would actually be the first to go for me. Mainly because i dont use it very much due to the low limit Smiley Sad As for them being tight i dont understand how they give out their limits. Mainly because my friend applies no history 2500 limit, i apply with history and get 200.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I doubt this would impress Target at all. They would close the account and that is it.  I got the debit card for the small purchases and the free shipping and no clue at which state the debit card would get declined Smiley Surprised  but I would not use it for large purchases and rather take it on a major credit card. Works fine for me that way and did not have to cut my AAoA for a crappy limit card and also no HP either.

Message 4 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I doubt this would impress Target at all. They would close the account and that is it.  I got the debit card for the small purchases and the free shipping and no clue at which state the debit card would get declined Smiley Surprised  but I would not use it for large purchases and rather take it on a major credit card. Works fine for me that way and did not have to cut my AAoA for a crappy limit card and also no HP either.

Stupid question but everytime i go there they always try to get me to get the debit card when i already have the CC. Does the debit card do a HP? i would think it wouldnt but just curious. Also how does it work, is it just like my bank debit card where its just auto-deducted?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Stupid question but everytime i go there they always try to get me to get the debit card when i already have the CC. Does the debit card do a HP? i would think it wouldnt but just curious. Also how does it work, is it just like my bank debit card where its just auto-deducted?

No HP and yes it is taken out of your checking account. But the process takes a couple of days so you need to make sure you have the money left on the account when these charges post. Due to the small delay I was curious at which stage a debit card transaction gets declined since Target is soooo stingy with their credit limits.. yet to find out ..lol

Message 6 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Alright thanks, i will have to keep the debit card in mind. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.