Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redpill me on Discover CLIs

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Redpill me on Discover CLIs

Opened a month ago and did a big BT to AMEX. Will clicking the luv button result in inquiries? Thanks.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Redpill me on Discover CLIs

Read the wording carefully and it will tell you if they need a HP. The initial request should be SP and it will clearly state they are not checking your credit report.
Message 2 of 5
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Chris679 wrote:
Read the wording carefully and it will tell you if they need a HP. The initial request should be SP and it will clearly state they are not checking your credit report.

Says "

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent."

So I'm assuming they won't pull?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe they ask you before pulling. If you request and they deny a SP CLI, they have a button on that page that lets you know they'll do a HP

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

Says "

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent."

So I'm assuming they won't pull?

They will only SP (and perhaps use the last SP they have from your last FICO update, but I'm not 100% on that), and if they need more info, they will ask before doing a HP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.