Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing interest rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reducing interest rates

While I garden I think I will work on reducing interest rates while increasing credit limits. I haven't had my bank cards long enough to ask for an APR reduction, but I have had my Fashion Bug card since 2006. Has anyone ever had luck reducing the rate on a Comenity card? If so, how did you go about it. All of my rates are above 20%.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reducing interest rates

@Anonymous wrote:
While I garden I think I will work on reducing interest rates while increasing credit limits. I haven't had my bank cards long enough to ask for an APR reduction, but I have had my Fashion Bug card since 2006. Has anyone ever had luck reducing the rate on a Comenity card? If so, how did you go about it. All of my rates are above 20%.

@Anonymous,

I am yet to see anyone who has been sucessful in getting their APR reduced by Comenity.  But I may be wrong and will let whoever was successful comment..

Message 2 of 6
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I just got my APR reduced last night on my Sportsman's Guide Visa (Comenity) from 24.99% to 21.99%.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you go about it? I haven't spoken to Comenity ( except for pushing the luv button occasionally).
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I just got my APR reduced last night on my Sportsman's Guide Visa (Comenity) from 24.99% to 21.99%.

Oh nice.. Good to know..

Message 5 of 6
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I just called up customer service and asked for it, and she told me that is what they could offer me (21.99%) at the time. I've had the card a little over a year. I plan to keep the card for a while b/c it's one of my higher CL's. But I do have 2 other Comenity cards that came with smaller CL's and much lower rates.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.