Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduction in APR on BoA Cash Rewards

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Reduction in APR on BoA Cash Rewards

@lg8302ch wrote:

thanks so much for that magic number!  Just got the APR  down to 9.99% on both my Travel Rewards Visa Signature and the Cash Rewards Visa Signature. This was a very nice experience with BofA once again. The rep could not do it himself but put me on hold and had his supervisor do it. 

This board is simply great as I would have never thought about asking for a lower APR myself. Once the 0% APR period is over on my other cards I might continue this path and see how far I can get with my other cards.  (match the BofA APR or their prime rate) I can confirm it was no HP. Heart Love BofA ! 

No problem!  Glad I could help. :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:
@Anonymous how high was your APR before?

12,99% and 14,24%

Message 12 of 22
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Couldn't lower my Platinum Plus which is 10.24%, but they lowered my Travel Rewards (which I pay in full anyways) from 16.99 to 14.99. Still nice to have Smiley Happy

Thanks lithium78!

Message 13 of 22
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Can someone also PM that number please? Thanks!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 14 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

just called that magic number and got my apr lowered from 20.24% to 17.99% awesomeness!!!!

it's even lower than what my discover will be after my zero interest expires which will be 19.99% but i will see about getting that lowered as well when the promo expires.

even though i will still most likely pay in full each month it's nice to see that i can qualify for a lower rate becasue i'm credit worthy!

thanks so much! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 15 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

Can someone also PM that number please? Thanks!

PM sent - Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

also the weird thing is when i called it rang and went directly to the rep, with out the usual "Thank you for calling Card Services, you call will be monitored and recorded, please wait for the next available credit analyst....."

also whats even weirder is that after the guy pulled up my account he asked me if i was calling to activate a new card? So is that the number for activations or what? My current cash rewards card i called about doesnt run out till 2015 so why would he ask me that? Maybe i should have asked what department he was in. Every number i call for my accounts they always answer as Card Services so there's no real way to tell who i'm actually calling maybe i should ask sometimes when i call. LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Because I am generally curious I did ask which department it was and was told by the rep it is called Retention department  (credit cards) 

Message 18 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Because I am generally curious I did ask which department it was and was told by the rep it is called Retention department  (credit cards) 

oh ok thanks for letting me know.

but i still wonder why he asked if i was activating a new card? Did anyone else get asked this?

Message 19 of 22
Agent86
New Contributor

I just called to ask for an APR reduction and got denied on the basis that my rate was already lower than average (13.24%), and my account shows too little activity. I have a $3200 balance on the card, all of which is at 0% due to a special balance transfer offer I used to finance a $9000 roof replacement last year, and I have been making steady payments of $600/month toward that balance. I have used the card for some small purchases since then, but have mostly used citi for everyday use (pay off in full each month). Representative advised that chances for apr reduction would be improved if I pay down the card to 0, make another big purchase, and pay down to 0 again.
Citi Platinum Dividend $34,600 line, 14.2%%
Bank of America Platinum Rewards, $85,000 line, 13.99%
Discover It $50,000 line, 20.9%
Amex Blue Cash Preferred $18,000 line, 9.99%
Capital One Venture One, $8,500 line, 20.9%
Amex Hilton Honors $25,000 line, 17.24%

Amex Delta Platinum, 20,000 line, 22.99%
Belk store card, $124 line, 15%, $0 balance on all cards
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.