cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduction in available cash advance amount (HSBC)

tag
texasbill
Established Member

Re: Reduction in available cash advance amount (HSBC)

I am glad that this thread is here! I just got my Orchard statement, and was wondering what I did to deserve a cut to 25% of my $320 CL for cash advances! I have never used this feature on the card, and I PIF every month. Thanks for the info that it seems to be across the board for Orchard and HSBC holders.

FICO's: TU 603, EX 635 EQ 651

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

This isn't exactly a CLD, but it did catch my attention.  (You know when you log in to a CC's website and something just doesn't look right?)

I logged in to check on my HSBC Discover and saw that the amount available for cash is 375.  (Hmm, odd amount.)  I went back and looked at the last statement and sure enough it had been cut in half.  I've never taken a cash advance on this card, or any for that matter, so losing the avail cash amt is not a big deal.  They didn't touch my regular CL.

Anyone else noticed this with this issuer or with others?

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 01-03-2009 03:51 PM

Between us, hubby and I have four HSBC cards. NONE of them ever had an option to access cash. Don't care, either, because that's a huge no-no that I'd never do.

Then, this month, all of them now allow us to access 20% of the CL in cash. Weird.

Hubby also has a $5k HSBC Discover card.  On THAT one, he used to be able to access half the line in cash. That was cut in half on the same day the other changes took place.

All the statements eventually trickled in and they all had a notice about "changes to your cash access amount," as if they'd been reduced. LOL.  They never used to exist at all!

Message 22 of 30
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yep, same here. My Orchard Bank cards cash advance has been lowered to $237. and change with a $950 cl. It looks like it's happening across the board. It doesn't bother me much though as I never use that option anyway. But still, I am sorry to hear about everyone else but at least I'm not the only one.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The same thing has just happen to my HSBC Orchard cc. my cash advance limit has change from $300 to $75.

i feel like i should call and close this account

Same thing happened to me too! Went for $300 to $75. I noticed it a few weeks ago but I figured it wasn't a big deal since I will never do a cash advance but weird none the less. 

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Orchard card a year i never knew my cash advance limit cause i never took out one so i wouldn't no if it was changed or not lol
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird, so i went to check and I didn't have a cash advance limit and now I have a $1250 cash limit.  Yep it is 25% of the credit line.  So strange.
Message 26 of 30
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Yes, I just happened to notice this on my last bill, only because I was comparing the current bill with the one before for any differences.  I'm glad to know it was not necessarily anything personal, but being done nearly across the board (except those few who must have top-notch credit or something!)
Valued Contributor

Still no change for me. 100% of $2K CL of HSBC Direct Merchants Master Card available for cash advances as of today.
Message 28 of 30
Ariel
Valued Member

Weird.  My Direct Merchant's is also not affected, but my Orchard, HSBC, and Best Buy cards have all had the cash advance limit reduced to 25% of the CL.  Not a feature I use, so I don't really care.

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cashh advance on my Hooters account is 100% still. I guess I never knew what the cash advance on my Juniper was. The web site doesn't say.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.