Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reestablishing Credit after Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reestablishing Credit after Bankruptcy

I am currently trying to reestablished myself after filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in November of 2008 and discharged in April of 2009.  I would like to purchase a home (first-time homebuyer) next year.  Since my bankruptcy my car was refinanced and I obtained a unsecured small loan and paid it back.  I watching my scores on myFICO.com and the suggestion is I need a mixture of credit and a credit card is what's missing.  Currently my scores are EQ-637, EXP-638 and TU-588.  Can anyone tell me of a company that they have got a credit card with after they filed bankruptcy.  The bankruptcy is on my public record and one creditor is on my collection part of my credit file (which was included in my bankruptcy).  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Reestablishing Credit after Bankruptcy

You should look at the Rebuilding Your Credit Boards on here. Good luck!
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANKS FOR THE GOOD INFO.
Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums bird1223. Read this thread Here its BK friendly credit card companies. But remember YMMV. Also you would want to try to get a secured card to build your credit back up or get in with a national or local cu.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums.

Why don't you wait about a year to think about buying a house? Your scores will hopefully improve by that point and the higher scores might help you get a lower interest rate which could save you thousands of dollars in finance charges over the life of the loan.

Just a thought.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.