Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend to Discover It Student

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer a friend to Discover It Student

I have a Discover IT card but my friend does not have any credit history and would probably only be approved for the student version of the Discover it card. Would I be able to get the refer a friend bonus and refer him for a student card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refer a friend to Discover It Student

That you have to call Discover to find out...  Although I see banks doing the referral thing, I haven't seen it much for Discover..

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to! I just referred my friend in the same situation. The referral link will take them to the regular discover it application, but after they indicate that they're a college student, the title of the page or the header on the application changes to say that it's an application for a discover it for students. My friend got approved without an history this way, so it should work out for your friend too!

Message 4 of 7
Little_Lulu
Contributor

I was in this same situation and I did get the refer a friend bonus.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That you have to call Discover to find out...  Although I see banks doing the referral thing, I haven't seen it much for Discover..

Discover has a year long refer a friend promiton, both parties get $50 if approved.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover has a year long refer a friend promiton, both parties get $50 if approved.

Good to know...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.