Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refi Scenario Question

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Refi Scenario Question

I have a jet ski with Sheffield Financial at 6.99% for 84 months. The payment is about $185. I pay $200 every month. My question is-is there a credit card with a BT offer that is REALLY long or lifetime that I could get to put this on there?  My balance on the account is about $10k and its about a year old. Thanks.

Is there someplace I could move this balance for a lower APR? The reasoning is to reduce the amount of time this will be paid off and also to get the title to the trailer and ski.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Refi Scenario Question

The only thing might be 18 months with Citi Simplicity or PenFed's 4.99 Promise or 4.88 don't remember which for 48 months...

Getting another card with 10k+ might not be possible right now with the cards in your profile. Navy Fed might do it again for you though. I do see you have a 11k NFCU, but having that balance on that card would destroy your utilization and I'm sure the APR isn't going to be that great unless you have one of those annual BT offers.

The only way it might make sense is if you're going to actually be able to pay it off within the year -- and then why not just leave it on your current loan to offset any transfer fees.

Are their jet ski refis available somewhere?

Message 2 of 5
MrCredit
Established Contributor

They have boat loans at different institutions but nothing lower than 6.99%. I guess I will have to garden with everything for a while with hopes of getting in with PenFed. I don't stand a chance right now so I am not even going to waste my time lol.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The longest I've seen is also PenFed's 48 months.

Message 4 of 5
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I am going to subscribe to the MyFICO three score monitoring and put my reports on ice. I have some baddies, and a discharged BK. However the BK is not reporting to my EQ so if I am looking to go with PenFed the only issues is a couple of collections.

The 48 months from PenFed should definitely work.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.