Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund checks

I got a few refund checks, each under 20 cents from synchrony. Do you guys deposit these in your bank or toss them? I didn't know if they frowned upon multiple tiny deposits?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refund checks

Just deposit them instead of throwing them out.  Not a big deal.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deposited a refund check for $0.01 before. Definitely didn't make a separate trip for it though...just waited till I had other business.

But...I'm also one who picks up pennies off the ground...haha.
Message 3 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I deposited a refund check for $0.01 before. Definitely didn't make a separate trip for it though...just waited till I had other business.

But...I'm also one who picks up pennies off the ground...haha.

People still deposit at  branch?  I only deposit these days with my smartphone.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I do...honestly not sure why. I do everything else online. It's not really out of my way through...and a little social interaction can be good.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, how long were you sitting on these before they issued them? I'm sitting on -.57 on my amazon and -.01 on my Marvel as I've been waiting to see if Sync is going to point their big account closing gun at me.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a few refund checks, each under 20 cents from synchrony. Do you guys deposit these in your bank or toss them? I didn't know if they frowned upon multiple tiny deposits?

Why did they issue you refund checks?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

These are usually from paying your bill and then the statement credit puts you into a negative balance. I rounded my Marvel card statement credit down this statement and they rounded up leaving me with -.01, for example.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had closed my three accounts. Decided to go store-less...

I'm about to go Barclay-less
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

These are usually from paying your bill and then the statement credit puts you into a negative balance. I rounded my Marvel card statement credit down this statement and they rounded up leaving me with -.01, for example.

I've had negative credit balances on my Walmart store card once it started earning rewards but I've never received a check.... the credit balance just reduces what I owe on my next bill...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.