Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds from Discover and Cap1 ?

tag
Braydon
New Contributor

Refunds from Discover and Cap1 ?

What's up with all the refunds I'm getting from Disc and Cap1?  I logged into my Discover and they refunded me 50 bucks for wallet protection and score tracker. The Score tracker I cancelled 9 months ago but the wallet protection I thought was still active. Then I logged into Cap 1 just for kicks and they had refunded me 49.95 for my credit protection. I did try to get an answer from Peggy at Cap 1 but like always she knows nothing. Did I miss something?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Refunds from Discover and Cap1 ?

@Braydon wrote:

What's up with all the refunds I'm getting from Disc and Cap1?  I logged into my Discover and they refunded me 50 bucks for wallet protection and score tracker. The Score tracker I cancelled 9 months ago but the wallet protection I thought was still active. Then I logged into Cap 1 just for kicks and they had refunded me 49.95 for my credit protection. I did try to get an answer from Peggy at Cap 1 but like always she knows nothing. Did I miss something?

Big lawsuits they lost are now making them refund those fees.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
Braydon
New Contributor

Thank's! That explains it.

Message 3 of 8
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

This is whats up: Smiley Happy I am sooooooooooooo happy today.

disc.PNG

Message 4 of 8
colindidit
Established Contributor

I wonder if I'm enrolled in any of this Smiley Tongue
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 8
Braydon
New Contributor

Found another card refund! How far back in time do they have to refund money? I have 2 cards with BOA and they refunded 65.95 on my Cash Rewards and 1.65 on my Alaska Airlines. I have had the cards for 2 years now both with credit protection and pushed alot of money through on each card.

Message 6 of 8
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

You should have received a letter from Discover about the refund. I got the letter a couple weeks ago, and the credit just posted this week.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 7 of 8
BearOSO
Contributor

Chase gave me a refund about a month ago for the tune of ~$515 for services that were not provided when the SonyCC was under Chase.

It was definitely a nice surprise. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.