Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding CLI's...

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Regarding CLI's...

I've been tempted to apply for another card (or two) in order to roll over some balances to a lower APR card, but can't really afford the inquiries, or much less any denials. I have 3 cards I've been tempted to request CLI's on, but 2 of them are almost completely maxxed and 1 is 1/2 way. I'd be able to pay them down much faster if I could transfer them since the rates I'm about to get hit with are ridic. What do you think the chances are they will honor my request for CLI? What do they usually look for?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Regarding CLI's...

unlinkely unless you have goood scores and a long history with the lender, any card over 70-80% UTL is considered max, most lenders see that as a major negative and won't give CLI's and may balance chase you as you pay them off, best to pay down quickly and get spending under control once your total UTL is less than 30% and all cards are 70% or less UTL you may try for a new card or a CLI on cards that have low UTL. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 5
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Pay off the cards you have cli's are impossible with maxed out CC's.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Highly doubt they would grant more credit to you with maxxed out cards, your going to have to pay them down first.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Chase granted a credit limit increase when I was about 100 away from the limit. It was a business card though so maybe they are different with those? I know you can not ask what exactly will get you an increase but you should be able to ask a representative if the bank will grant one if you currently have a high balance.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.