cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regret not applying for Barclays! Is it too late?

tag
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Regret not applying for Barclays! Is it too late?

So I was approved for a lot cards from Jan to Mar 1st For the following...

NFCU nRewards and NavCheck, Target, Express, Sony Visa, DCU Visa, Discover, Total Rewards, and amazon(my last app)

My TU has 10 inquiries at this moment. I kind of regret not going for Barclays, due to the fact that I currently pay all my utilities and cell via CapOne CC, which total about $1200/mo. So, would Barclays decline me based on my TU FICO and inquires...no baddies or lates.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Regret not applying for Barclays! Is it too late?

With 9 new accounts / INQs dating back to the beginning of the year and a 662 luck might not be on your side with Barclay's on this one, IMO.

Message 2 of 25
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Based on your info & the scores provided on your sig, you may ok for the Barclays rewards card for average credit.  However, with all those new accounts popping up on your CR & those recent INQs,  there is a possible chance of getting denied as Barclays is INQ sensitive from what I've read in the past.  It's up to you if you wanna pull the trigger for it, have you tried their pre-qual first and see anything matches your profile? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 25
YahComb
Established Contributor

with so many inquiries and new accounts, it will probably be a lot tougher now.

I'm guessing you are probably going for the Barclays rewards card? i'd make sure to go for the "average credit" version if you want to take a shot at it.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 25
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Based on your info & the scores provided on your sig, you may ok for the Barclays rewards card for average credit.  However, with all those new accounts popping up on your CR & those recent INQs,  there is a possible chance of getting denied as Barclays is INQ sensitive from what I've read in the past.  It's up to you if you wanna pull the trigger for it, have you tried their pre-qual first and see anything matches your profile? 

I've tried the prequel link and it "recommends" the rewards aspiring prime. The problem I have with prequals is that you never know how old their info is. 

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 5 of 25
YahComb
Established Contributor

If  you only get  "recommendations" they don't even have an actual offer for you. You'd get a "congratulations" or something like that if they had an actual pre-approval for you.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 25
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

If  you only get  "recommendations" they don't even have an actual offer for you. You'd get a "congratulations" or something like that if they had an actual pre-approval for you.

It's odd, I never get pre approved for anything. Even CapOne, but I have no problems getting credit with them. 

Message 7 of 25
newUser0
Established Contributor

Same here buddy. If I do get Pre-Approved, it will be for cards with high AF, so I don't trust this personally.

IMO, If you are confident of your profile, I will go ahead and PULL

Message 8 of 25
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@AeroKrix wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

It's odd, I never get pre approved for anything. Even CapOne, but I have no problems getting credit with them. 

i was NEVER pre-approved for ANYTHING going through those pre-qual sites, but been very fortunate that i was approved for just about all the cards i wanted on my wish list.  Last week, i pulled the trigger for Arrival (AF version) but once again i tried the pre-qual from Barclays and it didn't offer me anything, nada zip. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 25
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@AeroKrix wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

i was NEVER pre-approved for ANYTHING going through those pre-qual sites, but been very fortunate that i was approved for just about all the cards i wanted on my wish list.  Last week, i pulled the trigger for Arrival (AF version) but once again i tried the pre-qual from Barclays and it didn't offer me anything, nada zip. 

How many INQ and new accounts within 6 mo when you applied?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.