Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

Re: Regretting AMEX ...

Just SDd my AMEX Hilton. 4 x denied CLI from them. lol....

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Discover 13.5k / Citi World WEMC12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 10K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 9.1k / Macy's Store 3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / AE 1.4k / Express 1.4K/
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

cutemarty1 wrote:

Just SDd my AMEX Hilton. 4 x denied CLI from them. lol....

My DF JUST got her FIRST CLI from Amex since she opened the card in 08'.  From the initial CL of 1k to $3500.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Contributor
djrez4

I don't care for my Gold card, but I like Amex.  Their purchase protection is second to none.  Customer service is good with their offshore reps and excellent with the US -based ones.

In their line of charge cards, the Gold and up offer some nice extras too:  Roadside assistance, the concert pre-sale tickets mentioned above, and more.  Problem is, I have roadside both through my vehicle and my insurance and I don't live in a city where Amex does pre-sale tickets.  The perks of the Gold just aren't worth it for me.  But I'm still keeping my membership with my revolvers.

Oddly enough, they won't CLI me, but they'll keep approving me for new cards.  Go figure.  :smileyfrustrated:

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

The amex zync is really fitting for a relatively small group of consumers. I use mine religiously, and PIF. Love the card. Its probably not the type of card for everyone, but it works for me. Best thing about this card is the low fee. I figured when I applied that $25 was a pretty small fee to get my foot in with Amex and to experiment with the card to see If I liked it. Bottom line is, you paid the fee to try it out, now that you know you don't like it, you should feel free to close it and apply for something different, or just rely on other cards.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

webhopper wrote:
The amex zync is really fitting for a relatively small group of consumers. I use mine religiously, and PIF. Love the card. Its probably not the type of card for everyone, but it works for me. Best thing about this card is the low fee. I figured when I applied that $25 was a pretty small fee to get my foot in with Amex and to experiment with the card to see If I liked it. Bottom line is, you paid the fee to try it out, now that you know you don't like it, you should feel free to close it and apply for something different, or just rely on other cards.

Mine was a PRG downgraded to Zync before the annual fee hit.  Am thinking of closing my Zync.

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Discover 13.5k / Citi World WEMC12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 10K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 9.1k / Macy's Store 3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / AE 1.4k / Express 1.4K/
Regular Contributor
GoldenloveNY

webhopper wrote:

+1. I love my ZYNC. Since I shop in Whole Foods Market alot, I am racking up double point rather quickly with their Eco pack. Charge cards aren't for everyone (I mean, you have to think twice before charging something because everything is due monthly), but it works for some. The Zync was geared for a small population of us younger individuals who do not travel and want a low fee Amex card to get out foot in the door. I have the Zync for the past  three months now, and I have been running my daily expenses through it, and paying in full the next day my cycle closes. I figure this will get me in good favor with Amex. My main goal, however, is to get their BCP. I am aiming for that next September.

The design of the gold/prg is sweet though (at least for me).

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}