Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting apping for Barclay's preselected rewards mastercard offer letter

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Regretting apping for Barclay's preselected rewards mastercard offer letter

I told myself, no more apping... but came home and saw a Barclay's rewards mastercard invtie in the mailbox. I have a Barclay's financing apple Visa, with a zero balence but it has only been open a few months. I have a lot of inquires on my report because I was rebuilding and taking the bait when feeling good about my credit and apping for cards. I dont have any need for the apple visa, so thought why not app for the rewards mastercard. 

I had that feeling like it was going to be my lucky day. I apped with the code from the letter and got the we need to further review your acoout message. I know reconning with barclays is sucessful for a lot of people but I feel like they will brow beat me about the inquires and a few old baddies. Equifax credit core 688. Should I recon or just let it go? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Mzbutterfly86
Valued Member

Re: Regretting apping for Barclay's preselected rewards mastercard offer letter

Recon..... they pulled my Transunion which was 603 with tons of Inquires (taken the bait) Woman LOL 

$300$500$500$300
Goal Scores 650+ Across the board!!!
Gardening Until 2015!!!! Last App 4/09/2014 BARCLAY!!!!
Message 2 of 32
ddemari
Super Contributor

Out of curiosity/ couldn't help myself went to check application status and saw it immediately saying we can not offer you credit message.
Which I have never seen so quick before.

On the preselected letter they spelt my name
Incorrectly (Dem... instead of De M...) when i checked status of barclay card logging in with De M.... The new inquiry is not there but the apple visa is. My hesitation with recon is i think i entered a little bit higher of income than apple card. But maybe its as simple as verification purposes decline lol?
Message 3 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barclays has one of the best recon depts around. Give them a call. 

Message 4 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You have already taken the HP, always recon... Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 32
ddemari
Super Contributor

Very true. Just called, department is closed. I will give it a go in the morning! Thanks!

Message 6 of 32
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 32
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Barclays recon is the best I've dealt with, Chase is horrible in my opinion but everytime I've recon'd Barclay I got something.  Worst thing you'll get is a No, and at least you'll know.

Message 8 of 32
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Barclays pulls TU. To be honest I think you lose nothing with a recon cal since you already took the hard pull. It is better to get something that to get tet the HP and a denial.  Give them a call or 2 if you have no luck the first time.  Just be ready to answer about the baddies or inquiries on your TU report bc they will probably ask and thats it Smiley Happy

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 9 of 32
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Barclays recon is the best I've dealt with, Chase is horrible in my opinion but everytime I've recon'd Barclay I got something.  Worst thing you'll get is a No, and at least you'll know.

I think Chase is great, and this is coming from recon failures with them. Most say they suck because they don't have the credit to get recon'd. If you can explain and can show your credit is good on paper and not just an algorithm then they will try. 

Really any recon should be a no. They have those algorithm standards so they can prevent future write-offs of bad debt. Being able to circumvent their standards by calling an analyst is crazy in itself. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.