Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Card with Citi?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Regular Card with Citi?

Out of curiosity, I decided to talk with someone from Citi today about my Forward card. I first got it last year when they were still offering it for students and they just told me that they have my account on file as a regular card and that it probably got upgraded somewhere down the line. What will that possibly mean in the long run especially this September when they start doing that yearly review of my account and my payment history?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Regular Card with Citi?

No big deal -- they'll review your card the same. Your usage and payments on the account will be worth more than if you were a student or not. If your payment/usage record is good, they'll allow you a SP CLI every 6 months. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Regular Card with Citi?

@KennyRS wrote:
No big deal -- they'll review your card the same. Your usage and payments on the account will be worth more than if you were a student or not. If your payment/usage record is good, they'll allow you a SP CLI every 6 months. Smiley Happy

Oh good. I've used it quite a lot since I've had it though other than buying a plane ticket and paying that off immediately, I've kept my purchases and account balance to a minimum. Also I always pay way more than the minimum payment. I'm hoping all of that will be taken into consideration. There was even a few months where I had a pretty high balance (close to 50% of the total limit) and was able to get it down significantly.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.