Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship terminated.

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Relationship terminated.

I have two open credit cards with the same bank.  I have copied the data from the credit report...and would like to understand the "responsibility" status.

This one is ok... 

DateUpdated: 

07/2009 

HighBalance: 

$0 

CreditLimit: 

$500 

PastDue: 

$0 

PayStatus: 

Paidor Paying as Agreed  

AccountType: 

RevolvingAccount  

Responsibility: 

IndividualAccount  

DateOpened: 

05/2004 

This one puzzles me...

DateUpdated: 

07/2009 

HighBalance: 

$29,026 

PastDue: 

$0 

PayStatus: 

Paidor Paying as Agreed  

AccountType: 

OpenAccount  

Responsibility: 

AccountRelationship Terminated    <<<<  HUH??

DateOpened: 

08/2004 

This account is still open and being used.  It is paid in full every month.

Any clue as to what the responsibility thing means?  It is an individual account with no AU's.  The high balance of 29k -- I had called them and told them about the purchase and had them note the account, so the charge would go through.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Relationship terminated.

Not having the benefit of knowing who issued the account I would say you need to call them and tell them they are reporting the status of the account wrong. (Be prepared to prove it.) If they can't get it right (give them a little time, but it should not take long) get a letter from them stating that the account is open and in good standing, then send this on to the CRB's. DO NOT dispute this account with the CRB's unless you have this letter in hand. Most likely you will be wasting your time.
Message 2 of 5
boireann
Regular Contributor

Or they've gone and closed your card because of the big purchase.  Used it as an excuse to close it.

Call them.  Think that's the only way to figure out what is going on with that card.

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 3 of 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Thank you for your responses.

That is the puzzling thing -- the card is still open and being used!  I used the card last night.  It was never "terminated" that I  know of!

The card is Amex. 

Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

Thank you for your responses.

That is the puzzling thing -- the card is still open and being used!  I used the card last night.  It was never "terminated" that I  know of!

The card is Amex. 

I knew it was Amex before you even said so. They have a good reporting department. You just need to get a call in there and get it fixed. Just a mistake - I doubt it's anything more.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.