cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship with Chase help to get Chase CC?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Relationship with Chase help to get Chase CC?

I've been banking with Chase since they took over my Washington Mutual account in 2009 and that same year I went into a branch and applied for a Slate card and was instantly approved with an 8.24% APR.  I was rebuilding at that point and was needing a BT card.  I've since PC'd it to a Freedom and have maintained the 8.24% APR.  The banker who was overseeing my application was really surprised by the great terms I got upon approval (given my average credit scores at that time) and she suspected it was because I had a banking relationship with Chase (for what it's worth, they also factored in my history with WaMu, Home Savings, etc. and backdated my checking account to 1997).  

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

old thread, but here's an update. 

Recently - paid some cards down, got a CLI on one of my store cards, closed my AU CapOne because it had a super high utlization, and now CK is reflecting my scores as dropping by 13 pts...yet they had Amex Everyday in my recommendations. This lead to me checking out some pre-approval sites for both Amex & Chase. I was pre-approved for the slate and freedom so I went for it TA DA 1,500k CREDIT LIMIT! I'm super excited, I think this will be my everyday card now Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 24
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

freedom is good. also you should completely ignore CK recommendations. they're purely for marketing with little truth behind them. they mean virtually nothing and i don't wanna see you get caught in that mess lol.
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Chase as a bank with an overdrawn account sitting in their internal collections department that I had reactivated, and two weeks later got a Freedom.  So having a significant amount of assets in the bank could help but it's not necessary.  I do plan on having at least 4 figures in the bank before I apply for CSP just for safety's sake.  

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know the CK recommendations are purely. That's why I do research on myfico and other sites. I knew my score was higher then CK was reflecting though so I took that into considerations when applying. I also know Amex Pre-Approvals aren't reliable so I wasn't going to risk it for a card with a $75 annual fee.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

which card was it
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The blue cash rewards amex. The "offer" they showed said $75 annual fee
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

that must be the blue cash preferred. the blue cash everyday has no annual fee
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess...I'm not overly familar with Amex cards. I know there's some appeal there for a lot of people, but in my mind I'm thinking - not everyone accepts AMEX because they have high fees. Department stores and larger chains yes, but what if I want to use it at a mom & pop place - i'm out of luck.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.