Frequent Contributor
74king

Remember Diner's Club Card..........

I was just looking at an advertisment in Forbes magazine for Zino cigars and it stated they took Visa/MC and Diner's Club. I don't know anyone who has or even uses this card anymore. Does anyone in here have or use it. Just curious as you never hear about Diner's Club card anymore. I don't even know what the card looks like......THAT'S BAD.:smileyvery-happy:

King

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Established Contributor
Susyquk

Re: Remember Diner's Club Card..........

[ Edited ]

Ha, I still have one....

although, it wasn't issued in the US, it is a UK card which doesn't get counted towards my credit history.  It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Mine basically looks like this (but with a number and stuff, ya know!!)

Message Edited by Susyquk on 05-18-2009 12:00 PM
Established Contributor
Ulan

I think the brand lives mostly on in Europe, though on a small scale. Didn't Discover buy their network?

Susyquk wrote:

It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Tell me about it. My credit history now starts in 2004. My actual credit card history is 20 years older. I still have my first card (got cut down to a 500 Euro limit by now) and even used it a few times in the US, before I got cards here. I guess I will have to live with that.

Established Contributor
Susyquk

Ulan wrote:

I think the brand lives mostly on in Europe, though on a small scale. Didn't Discover buy their network?

Susyquk wrote:

It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Tell me about it. My credit history now starts in 2004. My actual credit card history is 20 years older. I still have my first card (got cut down to a 500 Euro limit by now) and even used it a few times in the US, before I got cards here. I guess I will have to live with that.

Hee nah it's still Diners Club International.

What's great about my cards is that I actually just logged in and looked at them all - obviously now I am trying to build credit here i have not been using them. Always PIF when I did. Since I moved to the US three years ago my CLs combined on them all has gone up by 50%......

*sigh - Cancels*

Tho i will always keep my Halifax one (since I have a bank account with them I will keep the credit card.  If nothing else it is one last emergency fall back in case of disaster and it's nice to have a card I don't have to pay horrible rates on for exchange when I go visit)

Established Contributor
Ulan

I'll wait a bit till I cancel my old accounts. Even though they cost money all the time. I'm still not sure whether I will have to go back one day.

Anyway, I looked Diner's Club up. Their network was indeed bought by Discover who want to get a foothold in Europe last year. The brand name still exists, but in the US, the Diner's Club cards use the Mastercard network and are released by Citi.

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Anyone remember "carte blanche"

In the 80's most places took DC but I rarely ever had someone use one.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

I thought that card was long gone, guess I'm wrong.  Must be this old memory.  I haven't heard that card mentioned in years.  I remember how my in-laws used it a lot back in the 60's.  Goes to show you, you learn something new on this forum everyday.  :smileywink:
FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Regular Contributor
Smarter

My daughter interned last summer at one of the big accounting firms in Chicago and this was the corporate card that she was given to use.  I had never seen one.
Frequent Contributor
74king

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
I thought that card was long gone, guess I'm wrong.  Must be this old memory.  I haven't heard that card mentioned in years.  I remember how my in-laws used it a lot back in the 60's.  Goes to show you, you learn something new on this forum everyday.  :smileywink:

Exactly.......:smileywink:

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Senior Contributor
MattH

I haven't seen one of those in years!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}