Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember your first time?? 😀

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Remember your first time?? 😀

Use YNAB to budget and PIF. Will prevent you from creating new debt.

Also your goal score is below your current score...

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol I thought you were referring to everything I apply for a new card, and wait for the little thing to spin around haha. Now that's scary. The cash back is more fun to me. Never nerve wracking.

I thought so, too! haha

Message 12 of 25
someg33k
Established Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I don't remember being anxious about it. Actually I was quite relieved. I was using someone else's money to pay for things that I wasn't liable if fraud occured. I remember having my bank account cleaned out because I used a debit card. It took a couple of weeks to get all of my money back. It was a nightmare!

Had the same thing happen to us twice over the years. Have not paid with a debit card in longer than I can remember since getting burned like that.

True story here... the person that was using my debit card was actually stupid enough to purchase tickets to a concert and pick them up at "will call". Of course by then I had contacted my bank thus the police were waiting for the idiot when they showed up! LOL!! 

Had to testify against the person in court too.

Message 13 of 25
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I PIF for most of my cashback cards (with the exception of my FNBO Amex, b/c the interest rate is already single-digits and super-low, as well as 2-3 others maybe); all of my 2% cashback cards are basically PIF to maximize rewards.  Admittedly, I was somewhat of a latecomer to the whole rewards cards trend, b/c for the longest time I was -- and still am, in a certain way -- primarily transfixed and fascinated with low APRs, whether they have rewards or not.

The first time I paid in full, on one of my cashback cards?  Hmm, that would prolly be within about the past year, since I didn't really get too serious about PIF until I acquired the three 2% cashback cards I currently have.  The others, such as the 1% rewards and other non-2% cashback cards, routinely carried a balance, up until recently (ETA:  not counting the cards with APRs greater than ~12% APR that were not already in a promotional period, which were also PIF).

Message 14 of 25
redpat
Senior Contributor

I remember my first time I was 15 years old and I will never forget her name, Karen.  Lol! Oh the memories.....

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use YNAB to track my CC spending and PIF. It was a little weird at first to use credit instead of debit, but knowing I had the cash to back it up eased my mind.
Message 16 of 25
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Indeed! I need to update my Sig. Maybe I'll even put up those cool looking credit cards everyone seems to have. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get paid to use my cards? Yes. This is great. Give me more rewards. All the rewards.

^ that was my first time. Considering borrowing money is something you usually need to pay for, doing it and getting a grace period is great. While also earning rewards. I haven't paid interest since I learned of the grace period early last year.
Message 18 of 25
willwar14
Valued Contributor

LOL at this thread..
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 19 of 25
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

What is Ynab??

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.