Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reminiscing on the old days...

I loved Nextcard!!!
Message 11 of 16
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I have never heard of Nextcard, my first *real* experience with credit cards was Providian. I remember my mom using credit cards when I was a kid, but really, all that stuff flew over my head. When I was 19 I bought a dress for a wedding and the girl at Macys asked if I wanted to apply for credit. I applied, she called it in, and came back with a sad look "so, sorry, you're declined." I was so naive I didn't even realize I was supposed to be embarrassed! I was like "ahh, ok, let me get this dress then..." onward and upward with life, lol.

I think I was 21 when I got my Providian card, lol.

Now my mom... she says when she first came to the U.S. she applied for credit all over and no one would give her any credit. Finally Dillards gave her a $300 credit line, and she built her empire from there. Now she is one of those 800+, perfect credit people.

Message 12 of 16
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

This reminds me of how back in the day, I would receive my credit card statements in the mail.  I wrote out checks and mailed my payments in, ensuring that I dropped the payments in the mail early enough to arrive by the due date.  Those were the days!  We are so spoiled by the internet now. Robot wink

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

This reminds me of how back in the day, I would receive my credit card statements in the mail.  I wrote out checks and mailed my payments in, ensuring that I dropped the payments in the mail early enough to arrive by the due date.  Those were the days!  We are so spoiled by the internet now. Robot wink

bit of off topic, but that reminds me of one of the dentist we work with at my job, if the payment due date is 9/30, he send the check on 9/29, because the post mark will be 9/29, so technically he sent the check before the due date. I wonder if he pulls same thing with his credit cards companies. Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

I was late to the party on that one.

Of course, I was spoiled and had a BoA checking/savings along with my first BoA CC back in the day.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.