cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of AU accounts from CR, how long?

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Removal of AU accounts from CR, how long?

So I called in about two weeks ago and had myself removed from 3 AU accounts.  

CK yesterday informed me the balance on one of them increased (since the primary's balance on them fluctuates)

My question is, should I call them and have them removed, or will they do it eventually?

2 of them are Amex, 1 is Chase...

Thoughts?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of AU accounts from CR, how long?

Amex and chase are slow movers in both reporting and updating new info. You might need to wait 2-3 months.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex and chase are slow movers in both reporting and updating new info. You might need to wait 2-3 months.

+1.  Still waiting to get removed as an AU on Amex.  TU did it quickly with a simple dispute, EQ is still reporting in spite of the dispute.  Go figure. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had disputed on all three CRs when I was taken off as an AU and they were all taken off the reportts in less than a couple weeks.

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

in my experience you would have to dispute the Amex ones to get them removed... I was Auth on an Optima for several years and when I went through BK 13, Amex cancelled me off the account... fast forward a year and Amex had stopped asking for info to add Auth and I was added back on all the accounts... however my credit report shows all the cards open since 2000 and they NEVER stop reporting, rather I am on them or not or if Amex has deleted me or not... I actually called the other day because Iw as going through them all and it put me as individual owner on one of them vs auth... I highly doubted that error from Amex but had to check just in case! lol I would have loved it but they quickly confirmed no, you are just auth!

Chase I think is a little bit better, but I usually just find it easier to dispute on the credit reports

Message 5 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

Just threw in the disputes on Equifax, will do Experian and TransUnion when I get home.

I hope the disputes don't scare Amex, since I have my new Zync account with them.  (Ran $749.49 through it last month, paid it the day of the statement)

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute it and say it isn't your account.  That's what I'm going to do with this Lowes card that my parents added me as an AU on when I was 17 and have (I just found this out) 3 30 day lates plus a consistent high (90+%) Utl

Message 7 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

You called Chase and they said they would take you off?  I called Chase 2 days ago and they said the primary card holder has to remove me.  This really doesn't make sense to me though.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

You called Chase and they said they would take you off?  I called Chase 2 days ago and they said the primary card holder has to remove me.  This really doesn't make sense to me though.

They told me the same thing the first time I called...  Called back a few weeks later, and bam, took me right off...

Anyway, put in a TU dispute as my last one around 10 last night, got an email the results were in today.......  WHAT?

All three were removed, CreditKarma confirms this too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping EX and EQ get this done in a timely fashion.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.