Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove AU Tradeline

tag
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Remove AU Tradeline

@thebusymind wrote:
Did you ever try to dispute it with the CRAs?

Nope, it reports as a positive closed TL so I didn't want it removed. That plus it is my oldest account from 1996.

Message 11 of 19
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@jennylocha wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

I believe it stays on there as a closed account just as if it was your own account.

It shouldn't if the primary acct holder removes you from the acct. Remember, an AU is not responsible for an acct, they only have the rights to purchase and thats all. If the OP is removed from the acct and disputes with all the bureaus, they will have to remove it because they won't be able to verify that he/she was on there.

Ok, I only say that because I still have an account listed on my report that I haven't been an AU on for 8 years.

If you want it on your reports then leave it, but if you want it off DISPUTE. Believe me it works.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 12 of 19
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

@jennylocha wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

I believe it stays on there as a closed account just as if it was your own account.

It shouldn't if the primary acct holder removes you from the acct. Remember, an AU is not responsible for an acct, they only have the rights to purchase and thats all. If the OP is removed from the acct and disputes with all the bureaus, they will have to remove it because they won't be able to verify that he/she was on there.

Ok, I only say that because I still have an account listed on my report that I haven't been an AU on for 8 years.

If you want it on your reports then leave it, but if you want it off DISPUTE. Believe me it works.

Thanks for the info. Like I said up above, it is my oldest account so I definitely don't want it off there. But I will file that information away for the future!

Message 13 of 19
thebusymind
New Contributor

Thanks guys for all your help! :-).

Well right now it's in good shape, so I am just going to leave it unless it becomes a problem later :-)
Message 14 of 19
Home2014
New Contributor

This is great information. I just removed myself as an AU for an account that had gone south recently. It was only reporting to TU.  I thought I would be stuck with the history, but I'm going to dispute with the CRA and hopefully the whole thing will disppear.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | United Mileage Plus Visa $8000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom Visa $4800 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MC $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3250 | Amazon Store $3000 | Quicksilver One MC $2500 | Walmart Discover $2000 | Merrick Bank Visa $1400 | First Premier Bank $300
Last App 01/10/2014... In the Garden until Fall 2014
Message 15 of 19
Home2014
New Contributor

For those who disputed an AU account with a CRA, what reason did you give for the dispute to successfully remove the history?

I removed myself from as an AU from an account that was reporting negative history, however, it just has a notation on the account that states "Account Relationship Terminated (07/11/2013)." TU gives checkbox options for dispute (see below). I guess a more pointed question is whether to use option, 2 or 3; or does it matter?

1. I have no knowledge of this account
  2. This is not my account, it belongs to a relative or person with similar name/address
  3. I am no longer liable for this account
  4. I am no longer liable for this account per divorce decree
  5. Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account
  6. This account was fraudulently opened by someone who stole my identity
Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | United Mileage Plus Visa $8000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom Visa $4800 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MC $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3250 | Amazon Store $3000 | Quicksilver One MC $2500 | Walmart Discover $2000 | Merrick Bank Visa $1400 | First Premier Bank $300
Message 16 of 19
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@Home2014 wrote:

For those who disputed an AU account with a CRA, what reason did you give for the dispute to successfully remove the history?

I removed myself from as an AU from an account that was reporting negative history, however, it just has a notation on the account that states "Account Relationship Terminated (07/11/2013)." TU gives checkbox options for dispute (see below). I guess a more pointed question is whether to use option, 2 or 3; or does it matter?

1. I have no knowledge of this account
  2. This is not my account, it belongs to a relative or person with similar name/address
  3. I am no longer liable for this account
  4. I am no longer liable for this account per divorce decree
  5. Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account
  6. This account was fraudulently opened by someone who stole my identity

I said I had no knowledge of this account. To be real with you, you can pick either 1-5 and you'd probably get the same result.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 17 of 19
Home2014
New Contributor

Thanks @jennylocha I think you're correct on the arbitrariness of the selection. 

Before seeing your response last night, I chose option #2. This morning, the response was investigation response was updated and the account history is already deleted! 

Message 18 of 19
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I had to write a letter and dispute as not mine becuase when I removed my self, they stopped reporting any updates but they also left the balance due and the Credit limit which s being factored into my UTL on my TU. Otherwise I would have left it.

discover2.jpg

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.