New Contributor

Remove AU Tradeline

Hey Friends,

So about 8 months ago, I was in the process of rebuilding my credit.  A close friend of mine added me to his Capital One as an AU.  It worked as advertised, and brought my score up dramatically.  However, now I that I got the baddies off my report, I asked him to remove me as an AU.  He did, but now several months later, my credit is still showing this AU tradeline.  Has anyone had any experience about this? What can I do to remove it?

Thanks in advance,

TBM

Re: Remove AU Tradeline

You need to contact the CRA 's and have yourself removed. If you are no longer an AU, the history from the last month you were should still report. Is there any reasons why you don't want it too?
New Contributor

I'm just afraid my friend will make a stupid mistake and mess with my credit.

I actually just looked, and it stopped reporting updated information in April. If he defaults or makes a late payement after he's taken me off the account, will it still show up on my credit?  If not, then I guess theres no reason to leave a good looking tradeline on my report Smiley Tongue.

Regular Contributor

thebusymind wrote:

Hey Friends,

So about 8 months ago, I was in the process of rebuilding my credit.  A close friend of mine added me to his Capital One as an AU.  It worked as advertised, and brought my score up dramatically.  However, now I that I got the baddies off my report, I asked him to remove me as an AU.  He did, but now several months later, my credit is still showing this AU tradeline.  Has anyone had any experience about this? What can I do to remove it?

Thanks in advance,

TBM

I had the same thing happen to me with my husband. After I asked him to remove me, I was still seeing the acct months later on my reports. I wanted out as an AU because I was already acquiring CCs. What I did was I went on each of my credit reports and disputed the account and chose the option that this acct was not mine. Once I did that, I received the confirmation (from all three at different time frames) that the tradeline was removed from my report as they were not able to verify that this acct was mine once they contacted the lender. Its really as simple as that! Try it

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

New Contributor

I believe it stays on there as a closed account just as if it was your own account.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Valued Contributor

thebusymind wrote:

Has anyone had any experience about this? What can I do to remove it?

Dispute with the CRA's (for both questions above).

Frequent Contributor

I have heard it's possible to get TL removed when disputed as 'Not my account' since creditor will confirm with CRA you're not currently on the account.

Being a Capital One TL, it's highly unlikey this TL is signficantly helping your AAoA or utilization like a 25K TL with 25 year history would. Probably best to see if it can be removed now for peace of mind instead of having to look over your shoulder for the next 10 years!

FICO June '15: EX 800, EQ 822, TU 823

Regular Contributor

GatorGuy wrote:

I believe it stays on there as a closed account just as if it was your own account.

It shouldn't if the primary acct holder removes you from the acct. Remember, an AU is not responsible for an acct, they only have the rights to purchase and thats all. If the OP is removed from the acct and disputes with all the bureaus, they will have to remove it because they won't be able to verify that he/she was on there.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

New Contributor

jennylocha wrote:

GatorGuy wrote:

It shouldn't if the primary acct holder removes you from the acct. Remember, an AU is not responsible for an acct, they only have the rights to purchase and thats all. If the OP is removed from the acct and disputes with all the bureaus, they will have to remove it because they won't be able to verify that he/she was on there.

Ok, I only say that because I still have an account listed on my report that I haven't been an AU on for 8 years.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
New Contributor

Did you ever try to dispute it with the CRAs?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.