Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed 23 collection accounts

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Removed 23 collection accounts

@Vegas247 wrote:

My credit report is absolutely spotless. My problem now is the only positive account are all closed paid as agreed from 8 to 10 years ago. 3 mortgages 1 credit card and 1 personal loan. My only active account is a 3 months old secured credit card from Wells Fargo. I want a Barclay rewards Master Card. Does any think they will approve me?

Congrats on those removals...that's awesome!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 22
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

My credit report is absolutely spotless. My problem now is the only positive account are all closed paid as agreed from 8 to 10 years ago. 3 mortgages 1 credit card and 1 personal loan. My only active account is a 3 months old secured credit card from Wells Fargo. I want a Barclay rewards Master Card. Does any think they will approve me?

Good job getting all those collections removed! Amazing!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 22
Vegas247
Established Contributor

I didn't pay a dime to any collection agency.....I disputed all of them....13 fell off just by asking to validate. The other 10 that were left..some of the 10 fell off because they hit the 7 yr mark. The remaining collections I called  and challenged them how they validated my collection to the credit bureaus, and they couldn't do it Per 623 dispute,  I then told them to remove it from my credit file or they are in violation of the frca....I was easy but took time.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 13 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

I didn't pay a dime to any collection agency.....I disputed all of them....13 fell off just by asking to validate. The other 10 that were left..some of the 10 feloff because they hit the 7 yr mark. The remain I called  and challenged them to sent me validation, and they couldn't do it. I then told them to remove it from my credit file or they are in violation of the frca....I was easy but took time.

That's the way to do it.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

I didn't pay a dime to any collection agency.....I disputed all of them....13 fell off just by asking to validate. The other 10 that were left..some of the 10 feloff because they hit the 7 yr mark. The remain I called  and challenged them to sent me validation, and they couldn't do it. I then told them to remove it from my credit file or they are in violation of the frca....I was easy but took time.

Wow that's awesome! I commend you for not giving up and showing them who's boss! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 15 of 22
Boragard
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats!

Message 16 of 22
Boragard
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

To answer your question try Credit Karma's website out.  According to the website, it said I had a good chance of approval since Credit Karma pulls TU.  Barclays also pulls TU so it is a pretty accurate way to find out.

Message 17 of 22
Vegas247
Established Contributor

I went for it and I just got approved for a Barclay Rewards Master Card! They gave me a 2,500 limit to start! I was so scared cause all my credit was old.......I called the recon line, and told the girl at Barclays that I was scared cause my credit was old, she said we will never know unless i apply, I had her on the phone as I hit the submitbutton button, it said it was in review for up to 10 days, I told the girl "see I shouldn't have applied, she looked it up,asked me some questions, and said she could give me a 2,500 limit to start. I'm so happy....3 mortgages paid in full from 9 yrs ago, 1 credit card paid in full with 55 months reporting perfect that was 9 yrs ago and 1 personal loan 9 yrs ago, and a Wells Fargo secured card with a limit of 600 (only 2months reporting). Thanks for everyones input here! I still don't know my Transunion score. I guess they do consider old credit  that is paid as agreed from almost a decade ago!Smiley Very Happy

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 18 of 22
Best2014

Were the accounts that you disputed recent credit cards that were charged off  and you disputed with original creditor or they were sold to third party collection agencies and you disputed with them?

I wonder if I coudl help my BF do the same but his accounts are charged off in 2012 and still owned by the original credit card company, thye hire a collection agency to do the calling and harassment.. lol... don't think those can be successfully disputed can they? sure they can prove they are his'

thoughts?

Message 19 of 22
Vegas247
Established Contributor

My collections accounts were 3rd party junk debt buyers like Midland Funding, Afni, Portfolio Revovery......Just call the credit bureaus and dispute them aking to valid these debts.......if they comeback validated, then send a letter to the collection agencies asking them for proof. If they send you an old bill from original creditor, send them a letter back telling them it is insufficient proof and they must remove.....Anyone can have an old bill of mine,but they can never prove they own the debt. They have to show that they have a contract with the original creditor for your specific collection. BUT BECAREFUL, they might try to sue you...don't sign anything that comes by certified mail.....

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.