Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed AU, will it improve my score?

tag
vaupinya1
Established Member

Removed AU, will it improve my score?

I'm an authorized user on my brother's credit card.  His balance is about $7200 and the credit card company closed the account when he called to make payment arrangements.  If I have all CA remove this AU, do you think my scores will increase?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removed AU, will it improve my score?

vaupinya1 wrote:
I'm an authorized user on my brother's credit card.  His balance is about $7200 and the credit card company closed the account when he called to make payment arrangements.  If I have all CA remove this AU, do you think my scores will increase?

I'm a little confused with your post. The CC is closed with a balance, right? Was the account sent to a CA (collection agency)? FYI you are not responsible for one cent of this balance.
Message 2 of 7
vaupinya1
Established Member

This account appears on all 3 of my reports and I know that I'm not responsible, but feel like it hurting me.  I have disputed this with all CA.  This account is not in collections.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 7
vaupinya1
Established Member

Yes, it closed with a balance and was not sent to collections.  The account appears on my reports as though its my account.  I just learned from this site that I could have it removed!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vaupinya1 wrote:
Yes, it closed with a balance and was not sent to collections. The account appears on my reports as though its my account. I just learned from this site that I could have it removed!

Have your brother call the CCC, request that they remove you as an AU on that account, and request that they cease reporting that account to the CRAs as belonging to you. Once you have been removed as an AU, if the account keeps showing up on your CR, dispute it with each CRA.

Message Edited by Revike on 08-05-2007 09:27 AM
Message 6 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Dispute it with the CRA as not mine.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.