Established Member
vaupinya1

Removed AU, will it improve my score?

I'm an authorized user on my brother's credit card.  His balance is about $7200 and the credit card company closed the account when he called to make payment arrangements.  If I have all CA remove this AU, do you think my scores will increase?
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Removed AU, will it improve my score?

vaupinya1 wrote:
I'm an authorized user on my brother's credit card.  His balance is about $7200 and the credit card company closed the account when he called to make payment arrangements.  If I have all CA remove this AU, do you think my scores will increase?

I'm a little confused with your post. The CC is closed with a balance, right? Was the account sent to a CA (collection agency)? FYI you are not responsible for one cent of this balance.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K
Established Member
vaupinya1

This account appears on all 3 of my reports and I know that I'm not responsible, but feel like it hurting me.  I have disputed this with all CA.  This account is not in collections.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Established Member
vaupinya1

Yes, it closed with a balance and was not sent to collections.  The account appears on my reports as though its my account.  I just learned from this site that I could have it removed!
Established Contributor
Revike

[ Edited ]

vaupinya1 wrote:
Yes, it closed with a balance and was not sent to collections. The account appears on my reports as though its my account. I just learned from this site that I could have it removed!

Have your brother call the CCC, request that they remove you as an AU on that account, and request that they cease reporting that account to the CRAs as belonging to you. Once you have been removed as an AU, if the account keeps showing up on your CR, dispute it with each CRA.

Message Edited by Revike on 08-05-2007 09:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Dispute it with the CRA as not mine.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+